Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Guv280984

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 9, 2008
Norn Iron
Please see email below from Steve Jobs, rather arrogant answer!

The british pound has crashed. Stuff gets more expensive when that happens.

Steve

On Sep 10, 2008, at 3:30 PM, Craig Allan wrote:

Dear Steve,

I am really pleased with the new release of iPods that you introduced yesterday, however, i am concerned about the prices that Apple UK are offering.

In your presentation you advised that the new iPod classic would remain at the same price of $249 in the States but the UK price has risen from £159.99 to £179.99.

Can you please advise on this situation?

Many thanks
Craig Allan

He falsely advertised the classic would remain the same price as there is an increase in the UK. $249 works out at £142 with today's current exchange rate so i feel we are being ripped off here in the UK.

Thoughts please?

chedda

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2006
Underwater
Oh Right

So the USD hasn't crashed ? Causing the the UKP to crash ? and the rest of the world ? I'm a little tired of these price differences between continents i suppose its only twenty nicker but still its a serious percentage. Just add the shipping steveo it'll be more transparent. We already have a reduced volume level on European ipods so surely we should pay incrementally less ?

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
As the recipient of an email response from Steve Jobs myself a while ago, I can believe that he would actually write that.

In any case, he has a point. The £ is weaker against the $ than it was last year, but not by that much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.