Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 10, 2008, 09:10 PM   #1
MVApple
macrumors 6502a

Should Apple give in a little to the entertainment industry?

Personally, I wish all the movies I wanted were available at iTunes. I don't even mind the DRM because my collection is divided between just me and my gf so authorizing up to 5 computers is more than enough. The only thing that keeps me from going with iTunes full time is quality and availability. If all the movies I wanted could be purchased in HD and the music encoded at 256k, I think I would switch over completely to itunes. The convenience of the iTunes store, and at the quality i mentioned, would be enough for me to switch over.

I know theres bad blood between Apple and many of these labels but personally, I think Apple should give them more freedom. Let them charge $4.99 an episode for a tv show, because I think in the end, the market will speak for itself. These shows will not sell well at these prices and a price drop will come.

Personally, I hate the idea of having my music and video colletion scattered amonst physical and digial media, I'd like to keep it all as a single format.
MVApple is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod