Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Accessories

Old Sep 11, 2008, 03:59 PM   #1
gan6660
Banned

iPod dock and component cables wont work?

Ok so I have an iPod dock the one made by Apple I got it summor of '06 and i bought the component cables for my iPod Touch and its says dock you ipod but if i dock it it wont work but if i plug the cable directly into the ipod it works great. Do i need one of the new docks for $45?
gan6660 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2008, 04:15 PM   #2
mackmgg
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by gan6660 View Post
Ok so I have an iPod dock the one made by Apple I got it summor of '06 and i bought the component cables for my iPod Touch and its says dock you ipod but if i dock it it wont work but if i plug the cable directly into the ipod it works great. Do i need one of the new docks for $45?
I got mine in 07 or 06 and it works fine from my dock (the not sure about the video cuz my cable is broken but sound duz)
mackmgg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2008, 04:33 PM   #3
jonathansmith68
macrumors newbie

The most recent Apple-branded Dock BETTER work! I just ordered one along side my 2nd Generation iPod Touch direct from Apple's store. I'll have to report my findings once I receive my iPod Touch and Dock.

One thing to note: it does say that the dock is compatible with the 2nd Generation iPod Touch on their website. http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB125G/A
jonathansmith68 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2008, 04:48 PM   #4
ccfoodog
macrumors member

I have an universal dock and a component* cable and video does not work for me when using the two together.

I think this is because the universal dock is not copy protection enabled.

-john

* Note component vs composite.
ccfoodog is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Accessories