Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

angels lust

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
What exactly are the differences? Is it worth waiting for the Invisibleshield 2G case or should I just go ahead and get the Bodyguardz one?

I've never used "cases" (if you can call them that) like these, so I just don't know.

Also, what iPod Touch 2G cases (besides the the clear ones I just mentioned) are available now or will be available shortly? :confused:

azure247

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
There really is no difference but some ppl report the invisibleshield has a orange peel effect, and isnt as clear compared to the bodyguardz. I would go ahead and buy the bodyguardz, which i did actually today hehe.

Nieval

Suspended
Mar 13, 2008
I also think it's fair to say that BG is easier to apply given the way it's cut out; although both are fairly tedious. Another important point is that IS doesn't cover the chrome part of the iPhone.

ChristopheJD

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2008
I'd suggest watching the installation process of both of them. Honestly, it looks like BodyGuardz is fairly complicated to install, while InvisibleShield seems easier. I don't think I'd mind the orange peel effect or the dimples, considering it's extremely tough.

angels lust

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Think I'll just order the Bodyguardz to tide me over till some better cases come along. It looks like a PITA to install but I have patience with stuff like that. I'm not sure if the added side stickers are necessary though, why can't they just make the back piece fold all the way around to the front piece? :rolleyes:

4eversmile

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2008
Hmm, eBay has some silicon cases right now. Belkin will have them soon. And I'm sure eventually enough Apple will.

Phish311

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2007
will the screen protectors for the 1st gen ipod touch fit the front screen for the 2nd gen ipod touch?

wywern209

macrumors 65832
Sep 7, 2008
do you rly want to know?
I'd suggest watching the installation process of both of them. Honestly, it looks like BodyGuardz is fairly complicated to install, while InvisibleShield seems easier. I don't think I'd mind the orange peel effect or the dimples, considering it's extremely tough.

i think that they are both equally hard to install as they both have the same methods. spray hands, remove shield, spray shield, apply , wait for a couple of days to cure.

California King

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
i think that they are both equally hard to install as they both have the same methods. spray hands, remove shield, spray shield, apply , wait for a couple of days to cure.

It's not that hard. I've done it 3 or 4 times. What's hard is getting BestSkinsEver since it doesn't come with the liquid solution and you have to make your own. Mine took forever to stick.

azure247

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
I dont recommend silicone cases- they attract dust and scratch ur ipod. It is 100% safe from scratches if u put a shield on it. They dont make it wrap all around to the front because not everyone wants to put the shield on the front. I know I dont its redundant because the front is scratch-resistant unless u took a key and jammed on it. X.X

i-Want-Apples

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2008
I'm thinking about getting one of these for my iPod Touch. I want to put the shield on so I can use it both in and out of a case without worryin about it too much.

However, reading this post is the first I've learned about the solution you have to use. Has anyone taken the shields off of their iPods after using them for a while? If so, does it leave residue or cause any problems with the finish?

Thanks

ghoti

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2008
I have the invisible shield on my Nano and had one on my t-mobile Dash. Had to remove my screen from my Dash after about 8-12 months of having been on (in order to replace it, as I put it in a situation where I *would* have destroyed the screen if the shield had *not* been there) and it left no residue whatsoever and looks exactly the same as when I put it on originally.

wywern209

macrumors 65832
Sep 7, 2008
do you rly want to know?
I'm thinking about getting one of these for my iPod Touch. I want to put the shield on so I can use it both in and out of a case without worryin about it too much.

However, reading this post is the first I've learned about the solution you have to use. Has anyone taken the shields off of their iPods after using them for a while? If so, does it leave residue or cause any problems with the finish?

Thanks

its only some soapy water. the water activates the adhesive on there and no, it doesn't leave behind residue. that would be dumb. get bodyguardz for the touch, the invisible shield skin has a sort of orange peel texture to it. FYI they both cost the same and the BG are a better deal as u get the emergency replacement in the box! it also has the lifetime waranty.

brsboarder

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2004
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I know someone else commented on this, and I'm looking for more comments. What are peoples thoughts on using the skins and then not getting any case at all? i'm still weary w/o a case, I mean, if I drop it, its still screwed with only the plastic on. They only help w/ scratches

i-Want-Apples

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2008
Thanks for the info. I figured things would be okay, but I've never had to put any liquids on before when using a screen protector. But, this is also the first time I'm learning about Bodyguardz/InvisibleSheilds. I was just a little concerned that putting something on the device that was wet could be a bad thing down the road... But now that my doubts have been cleared, all is good... That is if I could actually get my touch :-(

Heather1

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2008
California
I went to the Apple store today and a genius told me that as of right now, there's no cases available for the second generation Ipod touch yet (didn't ask about the shield and stuff tho). I believe in a few weeks or so apple will release a bunch, but having such cool stuffs like the incase slider will take like months. The incase slider doesnt cover the rear front of the ipod touch and the 2nd itouch has a metal rim around the body so... i don't know.

angels lust

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
When some good cases come out I'm just going to put them right over the Bodyguardz case/skin.

I've never dropped any of my previous iPods but there is a first for everything. I'd rather not dent or break such an expensive item.

Heather1

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2008
California
When some good cases come out I'm just going to put them right over the Bodyguardz case/skin.

I've never dropped any of my previous iPods but there is a first for everything. I'd rather not dent or break such an expensive item.

Thats true. I'd rather hurt myself than dropping the touch ... I have to hold off buying it because of the cases issue. I aint touching it without the case :D

wywern209

macrumors 65832
Sep 7, 2008
do you rly want to know?
didn't anyone read what i said, get the bodyguardz which are shipping now!, it will protect your ipod for the time being till the new cases come out the following week or the week after that.

txhockey9404

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2008

Thanks

I have had to take mine off twice, and it left a small bit of sticky residue that was very easily removed with water in about 15 seconds. So when they say no residue, they mean either very little or no residue. Don't worry about it. It's nothing that requires Goo-Gone strength, just a bit of water. The solution is made of water and some soapy stuff, so it's essentially harmless for your iPod. (Just be sure to turn it off). WARNING: Some tight-fitting cases will not fit on the iPod touch with the Invisible Shield, etc. They add a few millimeters to its thickness, making it a tight squeeze. (I really want the Incase Slider, but it won't fit:()

nickburns

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2008
GA = Ghost Armor

Would using a blow drier help it set faster? Would the heat from the blow drier damage the armor or the phone?

Heather1

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2008
California
didn't anyone read what i said, get the bodyguardz which are shipping now!, it will protect your ipod for the time being till the new cases come out the following week or the week after that.

um... i usually leave my ipod in the purse with my keys, eyeliner, pens... all the pointy stuffs... and i don't wanna try if the bodyguardz can handle all that...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.