Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applespider

macrumors G4
Original poster
Anyone else had the problem where their iTunes 8 application gets stuck on 'sending information to Apple' and helpfully tells you that it's taking longer than usual (but can stay like that for 20 hours plus) :rolleyes: but managed to fix it?

There are a few people with the same issue on Apple Discussions but it's not 'solved' there either - then again, there's not a lot of information to try to figure out why.

The only slightly 'odd' thing (I think) in my iTunes Library is having accounts tied to two different iTunes stores. Has anyone else got two accounts in two countries and got Genius working?

pepitko

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2007
I've got the same problem.

I have about 2000 songs, 90% with meta-data all set, including artworks. Genius has been sending data to Apple for the last 4 hours. My internet connection is not that slow.. how much data does it have to send for a 10 GB song library?

EDIT: I see your post is quite old now. Did you manage to fix your problem since? What was it?

Alan Arndale

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2008
I'm having exactly the same problem. My cable modem is registering barely any use either, so it doesn't look like the server at Apple's end is responding.

pepitko

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2007
I eventually got it working, once the thing got stuck in the "sending data to apple" stage, I cancelled it and re-did the process again, after like 3rd try it worked :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.