Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to forgive Apple when the iphone finally get's beat out?

• Yes, I love my Apples and always will.

Votes: 150 89.3%
  • No way, they've screwed me, screw them!

Votes: 18 10.7%

• Total voters

Evev12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
With all of Apple's antics lately, the lack of attention that they've been giving the iphone and the could-care-less attitude it seemingly has for it's customers (which is only getting worse). I'm really starting to wonder if this is the begining of the end for Apple (or at least the iphone, maybe Apple itself is a stretch). Let's face it, they're getting extremely lazy with the lack of competition and are absolutely taking advantage of us at this point - they won't even answer our questions, and when they do they lie. No one product ever stays dominant forever and at this rate I'm guessing within a year a new phone will capture the interests of all of the pissed off prior iPhone lovers who will only then, finally say "up yours". If the Nokia Tube or Android phones are a hit, I'd break my contract in a minute, pay a $150 fee with a huge smile, and I wouldn't look back to see how Apple reacts. I'm wondering how forgiving you all will be when that phone finally does come around. Assuming Apple says they're sorry and gives us everything they should have given us from day 1, would you stay loyal to the brand or get enjoyment out of watching them fall. Cause personally, and I hate to sound evil, but I'd love to watch them fall! I just can't take their lack of business ethics/morals anymore, it disgusts me!

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Yeah, they are digging their own grave, but it's the best designed grave of them all. ;)

Like it or not, the iPhone is a game changer. No other company/phone has changed the way the cell phone business works. While the iPhone may not have all of the features that users want, it has much of what most users want, and does it in a way that is a more pleasureable experience.

But yeah, if Apple gets complacent and other companies up their games, then the iPhone could lose it's position at the top. Competition is good and keeps Apple on its toes.

ft

StingerT125

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2008
Dutchess County New York
Your perception of Apple and my perception of Apple are polar opposites.

I am new to Apple, just recently began using some of their products, and I don't know of too many other companies as large as Apple is that are as responsive as Apple to problems. There have been 3 updates for the iPhone since it has been released. Hardly seems like a could-care-less attitude to me.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Did Apple hit you?

Clearly your having some issue, and now Apple's "terrible"

Ehh...not really, they aren't flawless, but 2.1 iPhone OS was what I've been waiting for. Do they have more work to do? Yea....but do the suck? No

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Not to be rude, but the parts of your post that make sense aren't true. You are certainly entitled to your opinions, but they don't seem to have much merit.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Wait, I think I know what's going on here. The OP bought a 1st gen iPhone in June '07, then moved into a small apartment under a rock, and has been ordering takeout for a year.

Justinerator

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2007
Redondo Beach, CA
With all of Apple's antics lately, the lack of attention that they've been giving the iphone and the could-care-less attitude it seemingly has for it's customers (which is only getting worse).

What do you call the 2.1 update then?

I'm really starting to wonder if this is the begining of the end for Apple (or at least the iphone, maybe Apple itself is a stretch). Let's face it, they're getting extremely lazy with the lack of competition and are absolutely taking advantage of us at this point - they won't even answer our questions, and when they do they lie.
Like what? You have no hard evidence....

No one product ever stays dominant forever and at this rate I'm guessing within a year a new phone will capture the interests of all of the pissed off prior iPhone lovers who will only then, finally say "up yours".
I, for one, am not like that.... Just like if I were to call you a stupid windows fanboy that doesn't appreciate the fine art of os x, that would be a harsh stereotype (even if it seems you are one.... :rolleyes:) in which many windows users might take offense because they are nothing like that.

If the Nokia Tube or Android phones are a hit, I'd break my contract in a minute, pay a $150 fee with a huge smile, and I wouldn't look back to see how Apple reacts.

Good for you. With that attitude, you don't deserve an iphone.... :dodgy:

I'm wondering how forgiving you all will be when that phone finally does come around. Assuming Apple says they're sorry and gives us everything they should have given us from day 1, would you stay loyal to the brand or get enjoyment out of watching them fall.

I know some things such as MMS, video recording, etc. should already be in the iphone, but I've learned to accept the lack of these features, and in turn live without needing them. I would stay with Apple, since they are faaaaar superior in terms of usability and functionality. Why would you get enjoyment out of "watching them fall"? Is this your sadistic speculation?

Cause personally, and I hate to sound evil, but I'd love to watch them fall!

Guess so...

I just can't take their lack of business ethics/morals anymore, it disgusts me!

Still no evidence.... In terms of what? Lack of features? Because that's the only thing I agree with you on. Everything else you posted is the kind of noise an ill-tempered apple-hater might write. You have no examples, just opinions. You need to get your facts straight before you post something so erroneous.

Justin

Cynicalone

macrumors 68040
Jul 9, 2008
Okie land
There isn't another phone on the market I would rather use. A buggy iPhone is still better than a BB running Windows Mobile imo.

MJFlash

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2008
Wow. With a disapproval rating of 92% (at this moment) against the OP, the vast majority of you have restored my faith in humanity! It was beginning to appear that our standard here was to whine, bitch, complain and moan, all for the extraordinarily important subject of the almighty self; that spelling, friendliness, thoughtfulness, manners, and kindness were nearly extinct.

Thank you (almost) all!
Mark

Mikey B

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
the island
is this thread for real? if Apple's digging their grave, than they're using stacks of thousand dollar bills for shovels. it really cracks me up- Apple has one event that isn't about the iPhone and people feel like they've been abandoned by their parents. the iPhone gets more attention than any product Apple's making right now. as buggy as 2.0 was, it was still leaps and bounds above any phone, smart or otherwise, on the market.

so, no, i don't think Apple's digging their grave.

Justinerator

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2007
Redondo Beach, CA
Wow. With a disapproval rating of 92% (at this moment) against the OP, the vast majority of you have restored my faith in humanity! It was beginning to appear that our standard here was to whine, bitch, complain and moan, all for the extraordinarily important subject of the almighty self; that spelling, friendliness, thoughtfulness, manners, and kindness were nearly extinct.

Thank you (almost) all!
Mark

you're (almost) welcome! :p

is this thread for real? if Apple's digging their grave, than they're using stacks of thousand dollar bills for shovels. it really cracks me up- Apple has one event that isn't about the iPhone and people feel like they've been abandoned by their parents. the iPhone gets more attention than any product Apple's making right now. as buggy as 2.0 was, it was still leaps and bounds above any phone, smart or otherwise, on the market.

so, no, i don't think Apple's digging their grave.

Well put! I think the OP needs to get his facts straight (check my earlier post)....

SqB

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Northern Colorado
I wonder if most people who bitch about iPhone never had a real smartphone, especially WinMO. Anybody who tells you that WinMo doesn't have as many or more problems than iPhone has had very little experience with them. Every WinMO and Blackberry I ever used had to be reset at least every 2-3 days if not several times a day (HTC TYTNII).

Call me a fanboi, but I just got my iPhone last week to replace my TYTN and I couldn't be more pleased. No way I'm ever going back. If the iPhone was lime green and smelled like feet, I'd still use it over WinMO because it's just that much easier/faster/better.

Justinerator

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2007
Redondo Beach, CA
I like how the OP isn't responding to this thread... It might be in part because we are bashing his post a little, but I assume it's mainly because there's no way he can back up anything he said.

galenmd

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2008
What a silly poll! This reminds me of those entertainment polls I often see on AOL that forces you into an opinion that you don't have.

How 'bout offering some real choices to select from?

Being a former Palm devotee, then an HTC WM user, I can tell you that Apple's attention and support has been far more fruitful than any other manufacturer in history. Would we like more from them? Sure, but one step at a time, kid.

Evev12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Either way, this little poll was going to prove something. Those statistics above are EXACTLY why the iphone is as lacking as it is. And I'll bet 90% of you defending Apple have posted numerous gripes on these forums, BUT you're not willing to do anything about it, that's the difference - they can have their way with you all they want. Companies know exactly how much they can get away with before they lose their client base and based on your numbers, Apple has no reason to change the way thy do business any time soon. To me, that's very disapointing - I don't see any welcomed change or anything good coming from Apple if these figures are even somewhat representative of the views of the larger population. Apparently they can evade questions, lie, and pick pocket you till the sun comes up and you'll still wake up right next to them with a smile like a college girl at prom. As much as this is going to hurt to say, I've gotta tip my hat - it's amazing how sucessfull a company can become by doing so little (other than invest millions in marketing campaigns and master the illusion of smoke and mirrors). They should be kissing your feet for making them so much money while being so lazy, but then again, they don't have to, they'll make you kiss theirs, and then go buy a macbook.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
What exactly are you complaining about?

Buggy 2.0? Yea....but they released 2.1, so its not like they ignored that, so I'm not really sure what your issue is.

Use specifics.

Justinerator

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2007
Redondo Beach, CA
Either way, this little poll was going to prove something. Those statistics above are EXACTLY why the iphone is as lacking as it is. And I'll bet 90% of you defending Apple have posted numerous gripes on these forums, BUT you're not willing to do anything about it, that's the difference - they can have their way with you all they want. Companies know exactly how much they can get away with before they lose their client base and based on your numbers, Apple has no reason to change the way thy do business any time soon. To me, that's very disapointing - I don't see any welcomed change or anything good coming from Apple if these figures are even somewhat representative of the views of the larger population. Apparently they can evade questions, lie, and pick pocket you till the sun comes up and you'll still wake up right next to them with a smile like a college girl at prom. As much as this is going to hurt to say, I've gotta tip my hat - it's amazing how sucessfull a company can become by doing so little (other than invest millions in marketing campaigns and master the illusion of smoke and mirrors). They should be kissing your feet for making them so much money while being so lazy, but then again, they don't have to, they'll make you kiss theirs, and then go buy a macbook.

What information are you basing this off of? You have completely failed to provide any proof whatsoever backing your mistaken claims. Nice going, champ... :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.