Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 23, 2008, 12:33 PM   #1
Smoothie
macrumors regular

iPod Nano 4G Non-Responsive

I've had an 8 GB Nano 4G for a couple of days. It has the most current firmware version. I've had to reset it twice so far to fix the following:

In the first day of use, it became very sluggish in responding to button presses, especially after reorienting from vertical to horizontal and back.

In the second day of use, it became completely unresponsive after completing playback of an album. The Nano wasn't being moved during playback, so the accelerometer wasn't involved. The screen was totally blank and it didn't respond to any button press.

In both cases, the battery was fully charged, and the reset took care of the problem. What I don't know is whether this is a firmware issue or a hardware issue, like a memory problem. Anyone else seen behavior like this?
Smoothie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2008, 07:08 PM   #2
Smoothie
macrumors regular

Follow-up info. I ran the diagnostics mode, and everything including the memory, buttons and accelerometer passed. So this may be a firmware problem.
Smoothie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2008, 07:23 PM   #3
DaveWonders
macrumors member

I think I might be experiencing the same thing. I didn't have the sluggish response...but today I drove to eat somewhere while listening to my 16GB nano in the car. I went in to eat, came out and the iPod won't respond to any button pushes. I did the reset thing, ugh.
DaveWonders is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2008, 09:49 PM   #4
DaveWonders
macrumors member

It's happened to me again. Same thing. I took a short drive somewhere. Left it hooked up in the car, came back shortly and it was unresponsive.
DaveWonders is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod