Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Sep 13, 2008, 08:22 PM   #1
Bakkalohriat

Send a message via AIM to Bakkalohriat
Hardware Question - Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One

Hi everybody. I have a random question about the old school Power Macintosh G3 (All-In-One) power supply. Anyone familiar with the unit knows how honking massive it is, and as I'm living in a dormitory I don't have a terrible amount of room. The essential hardware is fairly small, and as I was planning on using it as a headless unit, I'd like to migrate it to a smaller box with a new power supply.

So question: are the power pins for the logic board fairly standard, or is there some sort of proprietary arrangement?
Bakkalohriat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2008, 09:26 AM   #2
computerwiz222
macrumors newbie

I'm pretty sure there is a specific pinout that is non-standardized.

Do a google search for "PowerMac G3 Power Supply Pinout" to get more information.

I recently rewired a standard ATX power supply to work in a PowerMac G4. Considering the new power supplies are over 100, rewiring saves quite a lot of money...

Also, would you sell your empty case when finished?
computerwiz222 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2008, 12:20 PM   #3
Lord Zedd
Banned

Spend $35 and get a PowerMac G3 desktop or tower unit. AIO units are rare, sell it to somebody that wants it.
Lord Zedd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2008, 01:36 PM   #4
Bakkalohriat

Send a message via AIM to Bakkalohriat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Zedd View Post
Spend $35 and get a PowerMac G3 desktop or tower unit. AIO units are rare, sell it to somebody that wants it.
How'd you pick that number? I had this one delivered to my door for $35! If what you say it true, I'm not particularly attached to this one, so I'd be interested in turning a profit on it. How much do you think it would fetch in functioning but not visually perfect condition?
Bakkalohriat is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs