Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Sep 14, 2008, 12:15 AM   #1
i eversaw
macrumors regular

How do I delete jailbroken apps?

I just jailbroke my 2.1 3g using the method in this forum and I'm trying to delete the apps I download from Cydia and Installer but I don't know how! I'm trying to delete installer too. how do i?
i eversaw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2008, 04:36 AM   #2
rwd hero
macrumors 6502

cydia->manage->packages, click on the app you want to un-install and the option will be on the top of the page.

Installer->categories->installed packages, same as cydia.
rwd hero is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2008, 03:17 PM   #3
elkay
macrumors newbie

If you're trying to uninstall Installer, you can SSH into the phone (if you have it installed, otherwise do a search), and remove Installer.app from the Applications directory.

As for uninstalling installed packages, just be careful that you're not removing anything that has a dependency from another package. I'm not overly familiar with how well it checks dependencies, but if something you do use suddenly stops working, something else you uninstalled is likely the culprit.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks