Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Sep 14, 2008, 03:54 PM   #1
originalcliche
macrumors member

Logic used to open lightning fast.....

When I first got logic and installed it on my macbook with 1 GB of ram 2.2 Ghz processor, it opened almost instantly. Now it takes a long time to open and when I select the empty project selection it takes a nother minute or two to open as opposed to a few seconds when I first installed. I have since upgraded to 2 GB of ram. No real change, just can handle more VI's now. Will upgrading to 4 GB of ram help. I am going to be re-wiring Reason alot so I think the 4 GB jump should/will help? Anyone with expierience on these issues?
originalcliche is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2008, 03:57 PM   #2
JG271
macrumors 6502a

I had a friend with a similar problem recently. Turned out his desktop was full of files and folders which was slowing down everything, especially logic since it is quite a heavy-duty program, do you have much on your desktop?

Always advisable to go for the max ram anyway though.
JG271 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2008, 04:25 AM   #3
Loge
macrumors 68000

Do you have the latest version of Logic? The 8.0.2 update fixed an issue with very slow load times.
Loge is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio