Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cronus130

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2008
Hawaii
I just updated my iPhone 3G to 2.1 and my stock headphones (the ones that come with the phone) no longer work as a mic or to control music playback (they still work fine as regular headphones). The phone is also jailbroken but I doubt that has anything to do with the problem. Can anyone else confirm this? If not I will assume my headphones are somehow broken... :confused:

Thanks

sir42

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2003
NY, NY
I just logged onto the forums to post nearly the same thing. My mic is still working, but the button to pause/play a song or to answer a phone call has barely worked since upgrading to 2.1. It's possible that my headphones just died on Friday, and it's all a coincidence, but I'm wondering, is anyone else experiencing problems with the headphones since upgrading to 2.1?

Cronus130

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2008
Hawaii
Just got back from the apple store, and I can confirm that it is a problem with either the software (jailbreak) or the phone itself. My headphones work fine on all the iPhones and even the new iPod Touches in the apple store.

Can anyone with a Jailbroken 3g with 2.1 confirm this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.