Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Sep 16, 2008, 10:48 AM   #1
lseymour
macrumors newbie

home audio network - aiport or wireless speakers?

I am setting up a home audio network to allow me to listen to my iTunes library in my living room and in a kitchen about 30 ft away simultaneously.

I am wondering if I can save the expense of buying an airport and an extra set of speakers by just purchasing a set of wireless speakers instead. I could then use a headphone splitter jack to split the output from my iMac between the living room speakers (m-audio AV30) and the transmitter for the wireless speakers.

If both sets of speakers are amped, the headphone splitter won't jeopardize sound quality, yes?

More generally, does anyone have experience with wireless speakers? I was looking at the Audiovox AW877. Most reviews seem positive, but some people seem to have interference problems that I assume would not be the case running a set of speakers out of the Airport.

Thanks a mil'!
lseymour is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio