Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Sep 16, 2008, 11:13 AM   #1
HelixOmnimedia
macrumors 6502a

236 Unused iTunes Gift Cards - What To Do With Them?

Hey,

I need some advice about what to do, and wondered if anyone can help.

At work we're clearing out stock to make room for the christmas deliveries, and today we came across 6 boxes of unused iTunes Gift Cards (a mixture of 15 and 25), she made me count them, we have 236.

She said I was just to bin them - even though our store sell them, there are about the same quantity downstair on the sales floor, so they were taking up valuable space, and they weren't worth anything.

Now I love Apple and I feel like these are a waste to be binned. Does anyone know of a way to contact Apple to see if they want them back to send them to other stores? If not they'll just be dumped. But I'd like to see what Apple would do with them.

I've got my boss to hold of dumping them until I get some sort of answer, she know I use Apple, and said it would be ok until I contact them.

Thanks for any information.
HelixOmnimedia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2008, 11:16 AM   #2
mrgreen4242
macrumors 601

I need clarification. Do these cards have value in them already or are they empty and need to be activated and have dollars added to them at the point of sale? That is to say, did your store buy these at wholesale rate from Apple, or are they more of a consignment (Apple gives you the cards, you sell them and when the cash is collected from the consumer you give Apple their fee for them)?

That would make a big difference...
Old Sep 16, 2008, 11:17 AM   #3
Tosser
Banned

Dump them. It will propably pollute more to have them fedexed back to Apple.
Tosser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2008, 11:19 AM   #4
HelixOmnimedia
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgreen4242 View Post
I need clarification. Do these cards have value in them already or are they empty and need to be activated and have dollars added to them at the point of sale? That is to say, did your store buy these at wholesale rate from Apple, or are they more of a consignment (Apple gives you the cards, you sell them and when the cash is collected from the consumer you give Apple their fee for them)?

That would make a big difference...
It must be the second point you mentioned there.

We click 'Gift Card Shop' and swipe the card, and touch the value of gift card, and take the money. So the probably be activated after the sale.
HelixOmnimedia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2008, 11:24 AM   #5
TEG
macrumors 604

Send a message via ICQ to TEG Send a message via AIM to TEG Send a message via MSN to TEG Send a message via Yahoo to TEG Send a message via Skype™ to TEG
The cards have no value until activated. I would definitely ring Apple, inform them that you have a glut of stock and if they would like them redirected to another store or if you should just throw them away.

TEG

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help