Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Sep 16, 2008, 06:22 PM   #1
applevideoguy
macrumors newbie

G4 Dual 1GB "Quicksilver" - Troubles

NOTE: I figured out the problem. It was the hard drive. I started off the OS disc by holding down the "c" key. Then ran Disc Utility. Hope this helps others having this problem.

....................My OG Post..............................

Hey, I have a G4 Dual 1GB "Quicksilver" that just crapped out on me.

Here's the deal...

It powers up... acts like it's going to start (shows the small apple on grey screen)... then after about 40 seconds it shuts itself off. Before this point, it was starting up to the point where acted like (showed the yellow firewire symbol) I could target the hard drive off my laptop. BUT... then the drive wouldn't show up on the laptops desktop.

So here is what I have done...

I went through this page and did what I thought I should do like reset the CUDA Switch... etc. But still nothing.
http://www.geocities.com/texas_macman/pram.html

I checked out this page but I don't have a Sawtooth and it doen't sound like the same deal.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=301112

So what do you think?

-Should I replace the power supply?
(note: there is still power going through it so I don't know if that is it)

-Try something else

Thanks!

Last edited by applevideoguy; Sep 16, 2008 at 07:36 PM.
applevideoguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs