Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gmagnes

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Has anyone used or familiar with the IMAX series of Iphone battery extenders/rechargers.
Here is a link to their site:
http://www.imaxpower.com/

They have a series of rechargeable extenders that go all the way up to 5000 MaH based on their spec's and can supposedly recharge the iphone for up to 30+ hours of use. They look reasonably compact and are rechargeable both through a usb connection as well as through a wall outlet.

thanks
Gerry

mocciat

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Northern California
Has anyone used or familiar with the IMAX series of Iphone battery extenders/rechargers.

They have a series of rechargeable extenders that go all the way up to 5000 MaH based on their spec's and can supposedly recharge the iphone for up to 30+ hours of use. They look reasonably compact and are rechargeable both through a usb connection as well as through a wall outlet.

thanks
Gerry

Check out my review on the Richardsolo 1800:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Scuq2Nr5mQ

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
The iMax looks pretty cool. How does it connect to the iPhone? with a short plug?

I am looking for a battery recharger that I can use with my phone in the Seidio innocase.

Matrix86

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2008
If I did a lot of traveling this would be great!

I might just get one..... its only about $30 more then a car charger... hmmm.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.

thanks
Gerry

5,000 mAh is crazy good. :)

hhycabay

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2008
The iMax looks pretty cool. How does it connect to the iPhone? with a short plug?

I am looking for a battery recharger that I can use with my phone in the Seidio innocase.

There is a video in their website. I am not sure how to call that connect cable. Here is their website.

http://www.imaxpower.com

BTW, is Seidio innocase good?

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
This iMax charger looks awesome! I may order it.

The Seidio innocase is pretty good imo. It's the smallest case out there that covers the chrome. It offers a nice rubberized grip too.

There is a video in their website. I am not sure how to call that connect cable. Here is their website.

http://www.imaxpower.com

BTW, is Seidio innocase good?

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
I was about to buy this external battery but after watching the film, I noticed something strange. He plugged in the battery right, turned it on and if you notice the GREEN BAR that displays the battery for the iPhone kinda lessened first then began charging (fastforward to 3:03) Is that normal? :confused: More info on the video found here.

Anyone who owns this battery, can you please post a detailed review? I'm particular how long it charges an iPhone 3G from like 10% to full, how long the battery holds up (err I mean how many full charges can it give to an iPhone, website claims 500%) and what's really included in the package (is it the battery, the iPhone 3g adapter, USB cable then no more? just 3)

Thanks in advance!

jjhhzz

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2008
I was about to buy this external battery but after watching the film, I noticed something strange. He plugged in the battery right, turned it on and if you notice the GREEN BAR that displays the battery for the iPhone kinda lessened first then began charging (fastforward to 3:03) Is that normal? :confused: More info on the video found here.

Anyone who owns this battery, can you please post a detailed review? I'm particular how long it charges an iPhone 3G from like 10% to full, how long the battery holds up (err I mean how many full charges can it give to an iPhone, website claims 500%) and what's really included in the package (is it the battery, the iPhone 3g adapter, USB cable then no more? just 3)

Thanks in advance!

This is my first time here. Get lots information from this forum. Good forum!
I got my imaxpower battery few weeks ago. I think it is pretty good. Let me try to get some data for you maybe tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
This is my first time here. Get lots information from this forum. Good forum!
I got my imaxpower battery few weeks ago. I think it is pretty good. Let me try to get some data for you maybe tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

Oh ok cool. I'll be looking forward then! Thanks in advance. I really need a backup battery, Galcon & Fieldrunners drains my iPhone battery up easily :D

jjhhzz

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2008
Oh ok cool. I'll be looking forward then! Thanks in advance. I really need a backup battery, Galcon & Fieldrunners drains my iPhone battery up easily :D

Sorry for late. Not easy to discharge all battery of my iphone and imaxpower.

I charged imaxpower battery from 8:40am this morning from empty (no any power light) by adapter.

I checked the status on 2:19pm, the LED from low to high all light up. I didn't read the user manual, not sure why the light was still flash, but it looks full, not sure whether it is 100% full. anyway I stop the charging.
-- 3 hrs 30 minutes (may not be accurate)

2:19pm, I start to charge my IPHONE(v2.0 ) from 0%battery (not functional anymore) by connecting to imaxpower. The iphone battery was full when I checked it at 3:50pm.
--- 2:19pm to 3:50pm, within 90minutes, iphone has been fully charged. Cool

the LED on imaxpower batery from low to high are still lighting up.

Maybe you want to know how many times can this battery to charge iphone from empty to full. I will keep you updated if I have the data. but not today, not this week I think.

I am using 2G Iphone. My brother has 3G. But it is hard to get this kind of experiment data from his phone.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Sorry for late. Not easy to discharge all battery of my iphone and imaxpower.

I charged imaxpower battery from 8:40am this morning from empty (no any power light) by adapter.

I checked the status on 2:19pm, the LED from low to high all light up. I didn't read the user manual, not sure why the light was still flash, but it looks full, not sure whether it is 100% full. anyway I stop the charging.
-- 3 hrs 30 minutes (may not be accurate)

2:19pm, I start to charge my IPHONE(v2.0 ) from 0%battery (not functional anymore) by connecting to imaxpower. The iphone battery was full when I checked it at 3:50pm.
--- 2:19pm to 3:50pm, within 90minutes, iphone has been fully charged. Cool

the LED on imaxpower batery from low to high are still lighting up.

Maybe you want to know how many times can this battery to charge iphone from empty to full. I will keep you updated if I have the data. but not today, not this week I think.

I am using 2G Iphone. My brother has 3G. But it is hard to get this kind of experiment data from his phone.

I really appreciate by letting me be updated with this one. 90 minutes is considerably fast. If they claim they can charge it 5 times then that's really useful. I believe there's an on/off switch on the device for the led? Not quite sure. Thanks a bunch though! I'll order one then.

Guruclub04

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2008
A good backup battery

Thanks a lot for your refer. I purchased one IMP500 from http://www.imaxpower.com. Received it within 4 days including weekend. Very fast shipping. Here is my test result.

Charging speed --- It takes 3-4 hours fully charge up via iPhone AC charger

I drained out iPhone battery to 0% and started to recharge it using IMP500, it took 1.2 hours fully charge to 100%. Then I drained out the battery again to 0% again. it took another 1.2 hours to 100%. I repeat 4 times and still had some battery remained.

Pros.

Big capacity, very power

Cons

Still need USB cable, if it become cableless, that will be awesome

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Thanks a lot for your refer. I purchased one IMP500 from http://www.imaxpower.com. Received it within 4 days including weekend. Very fast shipping. Here is my test result.

Charging speed --- It takes 3-4 hours fully charge up via iPhone AC charger

I drained out iPhone battery to 0% and started to recharge it using IMP500, it took 1.2 hours fully charge to 100%. Then I drained out the battery again to 0% again. it took another 1.2 hours to 100%. I repeat 4 times and still had some battery remained.

Pros.

Big capacity, very power

Cons

Still need USB cable, if it become cableless, that will be awesome

Thanks for the review! I can't wait to get mine (it should be here by Thursday) I'm actually pro to the USB cable part since as of now I'm surrounded with USB ports ;) I'm after the capacity of this battery.

DigMe

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
Can some please tell me the physical dimensions in inches? I see no dimensions at all on the website link.

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
From their website under products.

Attachments

• imax.jpg
    imax.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 416

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
I just got it from the mail!

Right now it is discounted online, which is cool. I'm charging it right now, I contacted them they said the battery is initially at 20% and I need to fully charge it. Haven't tested the capacity on this thing on how many times it can recharge an iPhone 3G from dead to 100% (should be close to 5 times as they claim)

I will update you guys once I've used this for a week or more. Now I need to find a pouch of some sort to fit this battery with the cable. I'm afraid I might loose it if I just toss them all at the back of my car :D

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
They sell the Imax Power IMP500 on their website for $59.95 stating it is a discount price, and have it on eBay BIN for $49.95, go figure.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
They sell the Imax Power IMP500 on their website for $59.95 stating it is a discount price, and have it on eBay BIN for $49.95, go figure.

Actually, I still saw that $49.95 pricing on their website prior when they changed it to $59.95. I took a photo of it using my iPhone ;) and negotiated with the seller. It worked out fine :)

UPDATE with regards to the battery,
So far I've only used it once to completely fully charge a dead iPhone, it only took me from 9:39 PM till 11 P.M. roughly to finish it. So far doing good.

turbo87

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2008
I just purchased the IMAX500. I am finding that the unit does not turn-off automatically (i.e the "use" light stays on), once the IPHONE 3G is fully charged. Is everyone seeing the same behavior? Can this damage the IPHONE 3G? Thanks.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
I just purchased the IMAX500. I am finding that the unit does not turn-off automatically (i.e the "use" light stays on), once the IPHONE 3G is fully charged. Is everyone seeing the same behavior? Can this damage the IPHONE 3G? Thanks.

Yup the unit doesn't turn off automatically (Even after fully charging the battery itself) which I knew beforehand before buying the product.

I checked the manual, it doesn't say anything about damaging the phone when you do that, you might want to e-mail them for an answer: sales@imaxpower.com - they answer very quickly (based on my queries)

UPDATE:
So far I've done 3 fully charged cycles on this battery and still it has 2 lights on it. Supposedly, it should run out of juice after 5 cycles, we'll see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.