Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Sep 18, 2008, 09:17 AM   #1
Halloween
macrumors newbie

Adding more language packs to the dictionary

Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone knows how to add more languages to the Dictionary application.

I was specifically looking for a Portuguese language pack, but after searching in Apple's website I only managed to find one (yes, one) language pack for that application; isn't that odd? I use the Dictionary application quite a lot for English words, too bad i can't do it for my native language.

Anyway, cheers and thanks in advance
Halloween is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2008, 10:51 AM   #2
numlock
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween View Post
Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone knows how to add more languages to the Dictionary application.

I was specifically looking for a Portuguese language pack, but after searching in Apple's website I only managed to find one (yes, one) language pack for that application; isn't that odd? I use the Dictionary application quite a lot for English words, too bad i can't do it for my native language.

Anyway, cheers and thanks in advance
just the other day i was adding a few french dictionaries for my sister

here are the instructions

http://davidtse916.wordpress.com/200...on-in-leopard/

there is a link there to a site which hosts various dictionaries.

slightly off topic but the dictionary app with its built in wikipedia and the ability to other languages is quite an app
numlock is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2008, 03:33 AM   #3
Halloween
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by numlock View Post
just the other day i was adding a few french dictionaries for my sister

here are the instructions

http://davidtse916.wordpress.com/200...on-in-leopard/

there is a link there to a site which hosts various dictionaries.

slightly off topic but the dictionary app with its built in wikipedia and the ability to other languages is quite an app
Thanks a million, looks great; i'll give it a test run this weekend
Halloween is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store