Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

022859-trism.jpg

Trism developer Steve Demeter revealed at a conference that he had generated $250,000 in income from his popular iPhone game since its launch on July 11th.

Trism is a gravity based puzzler which generated some press ahead of the App Store launch. The game is played as follows:
Trism presents the player with a playifeld populated by colorful, triangular tiles or “trisms.” The rows of trisms can be slid in six different directions (thanks to their triangluar shape) in order to achieve a match of three or more like-colored pieces. When a match is made, the like trisms disappear and surrounding trisms fall in to fill their place in the direction of gravity.
Trism is available from the App Store for $4.99. At that price, Trism would have had to have sold over 71,000 copies to generate that level of income, or an average of almost 1200 copies a day.

App Store Link: Trism

Article Link

TPALTony

macrumors regular
May 29, 2007
Good for him!

That's how it's meant to work.

Good idea, appeal to the masses, cheap price and sell by the boatload...

Now, gotta get my own ideas out there!

NeoMayhem

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2003
Its pretty cool how much cash you can make by selling relatively simple programs for the iPhone. I definitely wish I knew a little programming right about now.

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
This is good news. It's a great game that's really polished considering it was first out the gate. I enjoy it immensely and I'm glad the dev has done reasonably well from it. Well deserved.

But steve if you're reading this don't rest on your laurels! I hope you're hard at work on Trism 2.0 ;).

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
Another big Trism fan here!

It's really fun yet simple, and extremely stable. A great combo. It's also one of the apps that I've never once regretted buying.

I'm thrilled for the developer for reaping the rewards of a job well done!

Yeah, okay: I'm a little jealous too. :eek:

chuckles:)

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2006
CANADA
Trism is one of my favorite games in a while on any platform. Its great that the app store provides an outlet for indie developers to compete with the major app producers. if your app is good, it'll sell.

mattpol

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2002
New York, NY
VERY well deserved. Trism is, hands down, the best iPhone game out there and the best puzzle game I've ever played on any platform. Glad to see the developer enjoying success.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
Trism makes over $250,000!

Ok, I know Trism is a good game, but this is insane!

Gizmodo is reporting that Trism has already made over $250,000 since its release into the App Store in July. That comes to at least 71,459 sales of the application (after Apple's 30% cut.)

Mod note: This post is the first in a thread that was merged into this one.

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
Well deserved. It's a GREAT game!

I see people playing this on the subway all the time. (I used to too -- though now my subway game of choice is Galcon...)

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
So lets think here. Post taxes they probably made about $175,000 (assuming 30% taxes.) In the credits there are 3 people mentioned. The owner of Demiforce who programmed and drew most of Trism, another guy who designed most of the syllogism levels, and a third guy who rendered the level boarders. So lets say they all got equal shares (I can almost gaurentee they didn't) each one (after two months) earned $58,333.33 Thats probably more then they all were making in 18 months, if not longer then that. I congratulate them on their overwhleming sucess of one of the better games on the App Store.

MacTheSpoon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2006
Wow, that is awesome!! Congratulations!!

This has to inspire other potential developers as well. I'm looking forward to even more devs getting on board and creating more cool apps for me to buy. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.