Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Sep 19, 2008, 01:36 AM   #1
Bulldog VII
macrumors 6502

System check??

Hi all

I've had a little bit of problem with my imac, which I think (should read hope?) I have sorted. I have had to reinstall from scratch & then spend over a day transferring all my stuff back from time machine

The question I have is there a program or website on or anything on my imac that I can run to see if the computer is working OK??

Thanks
Old Sep 19, 2008, 01:42 AM   #2
EricNau

What exactly is the problem?

To run the Apple Hardware Test insert the disk that came with your computer and restart while holding the "D" key.
EricNau is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2008, 01:44 AM   #3
Bulldog VII
macrumors 6502

I don't know what the problem is (if any now) I just wanted to run some form of test to see if there is a problem

It froze in the week & wouldn't restart past the front grey screen with the apple logo & the spinning wheel, I then restarted it by inserting the start up disc, re formatting & then transferring all the stuff back over from time machine

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help