Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which screen protector do you like the best?

• Power Support Crystal

Votes: 27 18.9%
  • Power Support Anti-Glare

Votes: 45 31.5%
  • SGP Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint

Votes: 51 35.7%
  • Other (please list)

Votes: 20 14.0%

• Total voters

Crevice

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2008
Since there seems to be several threads scattered around about screen protectors, I figured I would make a poll, and maybe keep the screen protector discussion in here. I am just trying to figure what people use and recommend. I myself have the Power Support Crystal but the fingerprints are really bad, I have used the anti-glare for a day, but I couldn't handle the graininess. I am thinking about trying to anti-glare out again. What about everyone else, what are you using?

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I like the crystal film from Apple, but so many cases make the screen protector come up at the edges and you get a bubble underneath. I like the Incase slider and the Agent18 case, but they both make the screen protector look so bad.

allurbase

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2008
SGP anti-fingerprint is much better than the PS anti-glare. I wonder how many ppl who voted have actually used both.

Crevice

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2008
SGP anti-fingerprint is much better than the PS anti-glare. I wonder how many ppl who voted have actually used both.

Does the SGP anti-fingerprint leave the color looking grainy like the Power Support anti-glare? And also how is putting it on, are there a lot of air bubbles? I might pick one up

Crevice

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2008
Brando Ultra Clear is best. Better than PS.

My question is how is the Brando for fingerprints? I never had a problem with Power Support for quality, just the crystal leaves way to many fingerprints and smudges. I bought the anti-glare tonight, and will try it out for a bit.

creamycole

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2008
Does the SGP anti-fingerprint leave the color looking grainy like the Power Support anti-glare? And also how is putting it on, are there a lot of air bubbles? I might pick one up
SGP A/F is an anti-glare film like P/S anti-glare.

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
My question is how is the Brando for fingerprints? I never had a problem with Power Support for quality, just the crystal leaves way to many fingerprints and smudges. I bought the anti-glare tonight, and will try it out for a bit.

The Brando Ultra Clear protector is glass-smooth and collects fingerprints just as easily as the iPhone's screen without a screen protector. Their anti-glare version is far better in this respect, showing only the greasiest fingerprints and nothing else.

crackinglouis

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2008
The Brando Ultra Clear protector is glass-smooth and collects fingerprints just as easily as the iPhone's screen without a screen protector. Their anti-glare version is far better in this respect, showing only the greasiest fingerprints and nothing else.

Can I see the protecor picture?

Crevice

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2008
Is the Brando anti-glare like the PS where it looks grainy? I just want a screen protector that doesn't leave finger prints, and isnt grainy

Heimlich

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2008
how about DLO anti glare? Anyone try it? It's advertised as being "clear" but anti glare too.

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
Is the Brando anti-glare like the PS where it looks grainy? I just want a screen protector that doesn't leave finger prints, and isnt grainy

A little bit of graininess, but I've ceased to notice it at all and it doesn't detract from watching videos or any other activity. It's only apparent when holding it side-by-side with another iPhone with no screen protector, and that's it. See for yourself - all pics of my 3G iPhone on my site are with the Brando anti-glare protector installed...

stringbeanie

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2008
Southern California
I tried the power support crystal (shows way too many fingerprints...as bad as naked screen) and the power support anti-glare (which imo is just too grainy...blurry almost). I just installed a bodyguardz screen protector and am thrilled with it. It is not TOO tricky to install (the back protector is though). I couldn't have asked for a better solution. It shows minimal fingerprints if any and is crystal clear. It looks awesome without the orange peel look of the invisishield. Bodyguardz is charging $14.95 for 2 front protectors (plus shipping). http://www.bodyguardz.com/Apple_iPhone_3G_p/iphone3g.htm?Click=9273

oops free shipping

gasiphara

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2008
I tried the power support crystal (shows way too many fingerprints...as bad as naked screen) and the power support anti-glare (which imo is just too grainy...blurry almost). I just installed a bodyguardz screen protector and am thrilled with it. It is not TOO tricky to install (the back protector is though). I couldn't have asked for a better solution. It shows minimal fingerprints if any and is crystal clear. It looks awesome without the orange peel look of the invisishield. Bodyguardz is charging $14.95 for 2 front protectors (plus shipping). http://www.bodyguardz.com/Apple_iPhone_3G_p/iphone3g.htm?Click=9273

oops free shipping
what is the orange peel?

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
bodyguardz FTW
Full kit installed and the phone feels great, no bulky case made of plastic. I can just a use a pouch or some sort of rubber skin if needed.

Crevice

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2008
bodyguardz FTW
Full kit installed and the phone feels great, no bulky case made of plastic. I can just a use a pouch or some sort of rubber skin if needed.

Does the bodyguardz come with anti-glare? I am curious because I just want something that doesn't show fingerprints to much but isnt too grainy like power support. If it does have an anti-glare how is it compared to powersupport, is it as grainy as their version?

My problem with Power Support anti-glare (to explain my reasoning) is that they have changed their formula or something has changed for sure. My friend has the original iphone PS anti-glare, and I have the 3G PS anti-glare, we put them side to side, and mine had a definite rainbow effect and is more grainy, which is really annoying while surfing the web. I just put a order in for the Brando anti-glare, hope that clears the rainbow effect, and gives me a little more clarity.

stringbeanie

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2008
Southern California
Does the bodyguardz come with anti-glare? I am curious because I just want something that doesn't show fingerprints to much but isnt too grainy like power support. If it does have an anti-glare how is it compared to powersupport, is it as grainy as their version?

The bodyguardz does not come in anti-glare but curiously doesn't show fingerprints that easily. It is like having the naked screen but without the fingerprint issue, which to me is the perfect solution.

I have used Brando screen protectors going back for years (back in the old palm pilot days) and they are superb so you should be fine with those.

Someone else asked about "orange peel" look and to answer that question, it just has kind of a dimpled look when viewing from an angle. It doesn't appear too smooth...kind of annoying to me but some don't mind it.

Crevice

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2008
I ordered a Brando anti-glare, but in the meantime I took off the power support anti-glare I had on before because I couldn't handle the rainbow/graininess, and I put on one of the Switcheasy screen protectors that came with my Neo. I never put the Switcheasy protectors on my phone because I thought they sucked, but I am actually really impressed. I like them way better then power support crystal as they don't show fingerprints as easily. If the brando doesn't work for me I'm going to go back to the Switcheasy, anybody who has em should try them out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.