Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 21, 2008, 10:48 PM   #1
AdventurousJosh
macrumors regular

I think my Iphone has a bad battery, how do I check how long it lasts?

I just got my iPhone, but I doubt everyones battery drains this fast. Is there a way to see how long the battery lasts? like a menu where it says, "1 hr remaining"..ect? Also, what is average?

Thank you!

Josh
AdventurousJosh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2008, 10:49 PM   #2
CocoaPuffs
macrumors 68010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusuri View Post
I just got my iPhone, but I doubt everyones battery drains this fast. Is there a way to see how long the battery lasts? like a menu where it says, "1 hr remaining"..ect? Also, what is average?

Thank you!

Josh
Things relating to your phone is likely under "settings". I would give that place a shot.

Settings -> General -> Usage
CocoaPuffs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2008, 10:52 PM   #3
Rob Mclovin
macrumors 6502

No, your in the boat with everyone else and an iphone. I was talking on aim and using safari about the same time for about 40 minutes with a about 90-95% charge, and after i had about 60 percent charge.

To find out if its a bad battery, charge your phone all the way up, and then use the phone all the way down to like 5% left of the battery, and then take a snapshot of your usage.
Rob Mclovin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2008, 11:30 PM   #4
AdventurousJosh
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Mclovin View Post
No, your in the boat with everyone else and an iphone. I was talking on aim and using safari about the same time for about 40 minutes with a about 90-95% charge, and after i had about 60 percent charge.

To find out if its a bad battery, charge your phone all the way up, and then use the phone all the way down to like 5% left of the battery, and then take a snapshot of your usage.
I dont get it, does usage mean how long you HAVE used it, or how long until it dies?? So in order to see how long my bat lasts, I'd need to drain it to like %3 and then go to "usage" correct?
Old Sep 21, 2008, 11:48 PM   #5
Rob Mclovin
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusuri View Post
I dont get it, does usage mean how long you HAVE used it, or how long until it dies?? So in order to see how long my bat lasts, I'd need to drain it to like %3 and then go to "usage" correct?
I reset my usage everytime i do a full charge. Your usage shows how long your battery stayed charged on standby and actual usage until the next full chage.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 08:28 AM   #6
neesh0
macrumors 6502a

how long exactly do you use the phone? How long do you use it between the charges?
neesh0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:23 AM   #7
Rob Mclovin
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by neesh0 View Post
how long exactly do you use the phone? How long do you use it between the charges?
I usually charge mine about everynight.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 12:17 AM   #8
AdventurousJosh
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by neesh0 View Post
Usually unit it's low, unless I go to sync it and leave it plugged it.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone