Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Sep 22, 2008, 11:29 AM   #1
techmonkey
macrumors 6502a

MacBook Pro display died, AppleCare replaced part # 605-1211 - Logic Board ??

I just received my MBP back from AppleCare. Its about 1 year, 3 months old. The display died, and they replaced part# 605-1211.

It states on the Service Details:

Parts Used:
605-1211 SCV, PCBA, MLB, 2.2GHZ

I take it MLB stands for Main Logic Board ?? What does SCV and PCBA mean?

Also, the repair center scratched the bottom of my MBP. Thinking about calling AppleCare about this, they should be more careful...
Old Sep 22, 2008, 11:37 AM   #2
Mal
macrumors 603

PCBA stands for Power Connection Board Assembly I believe, but that's may just be something I've made up in my own mind. No idea what SCV means.

Depending on how bad the scratches are, might be worth calling and complaining. You're right, they shouldn't scratch it, though it will occasionally happen.

jW
NoiseTrade.com/Walker
Mal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2008, 11:45 AM   #3
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by techmonkey View Post
What does SCV and PCBA mean?
SVC is "service"
PCBA is "printed circuit board assembly"
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2008, 12:27 PM   #4
Bobeder9
macrumors member

They treated it like it was the Video Card that went out. That is why they replaced the logic board. I would call them about scratching your MBP. I would be mad if they scratched mine.
Bobeder9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2008, 01:40 PM   #5
techmonkey
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobeder9 View Post
They treated it like it was the Video Card that went out. That is why they replaced the logic board. I would call them about scratching your MBP. I would be mad if they scratched mine.
Yea, the video went out. I wasn't able to get video hooking it to an external monitor. I was able to access my files over the network though. I didn't know the video card was on the main logic board. I thought that only integrated graphics were on the main board. Seems like it would be cheaper for manufactures if the graphics were separate...
Old Oct 30, 2008, 12:31 PM   #6
Yarman
macrumors newbie

Same here

I just got my MBP Santa Rosa rev 1 back from Apple, replaced 605-1790 the PCBA, MLB 2.2 with a revision 2. Video died; luckily I was able to access and BU hard drive in Target Disk Mode. Also had extended Applecare, called them, then took it to local reseller, who shipped it to Apple, which all told took about 8 days. Applecare rep said there has been more of these failures than normal.
Yarman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2008, 01:35 PM   #7
GeeYouEye
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to GeeYouEye Send a message via Yahoo to GeeYouEye
Technically, all graphics on laptops are integrated (with some very rare exceptions). Whether it's called integrated or discrete is dependent on whether the chip would ordinarily be soldered to a desktop motherboard, or if it's available on a PCI/AGP/PCIe expansion card.
Like politics, free speech, computers, entertainment, and more? Join us at Wordforge.net
GeeYouEye is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2008, 03:28 PM   #8
byeehaaw
macrumors 6502

if you guys have had multiple problems with your macbook pro hardware you can complain to applecare. i had like 3 diff hardware problems, and yesterday a 4th. i complained and showed frustration and i asked about a replacement option. I just signed the replacement papers this morning and they are going to ship me a brand new macbook pro.
27" 2012 iMac 2.9ghz i5 1tb fusion
byeehaaw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2009, 02:37 PM   #9
brenfrank
macrumors newbie

Hi there,

Same MBP problem here. I had my logic board replaced too by my apple reseller, free of charge.

On the invoice, the item description reads that same: "SAV PCBA, MLB, 2.4 GHZ, REV2"

Now in the system profiler it displays among other specs: "GeForce 8600M GT, Revision ID: 0x00a1, ROM Revision: 3175"

How can I be sure that the reseller actually built in a Revision 2 model?

Best,

br
brenfrank is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro