Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

162352-d2.jpg

162352-d4.jpg

Sometimes it's the simple apps that we enjoy the most. We previously highlighted Mach Dice [App Store], a multi-sided Dice simulator app that sells for $0.99.

Since the 1.0 release, developer Mach Kobayashi has been hard at work on a large number of updates to the popular dice-rolling application as detailed in his blog. He has not yet submitted the new update to the App Store, but coming features include

- Dice Locking
- History
- Background
- Dice Colors
- Backspace key
- New 4-sided dice
- Coins for 2-sided "dice"

Our original story contains a video of the developer demoing his app.

Article Link

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
This is cool and all, but I have to admit I'm baffled by this blog's wall-to-wall coverage of dice rolling apps. Is this really the most interesting thing going on with the iPhone these days?

Xian Zhu Xuande

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
This is cool and all, but I have to admit I'm baffled by this blog's wall-to-wall coverage of dice rolling apps. Is this really the most interesting thing going on with the iPhone these days?
It definitely is if you're a gamer. :D
Most dice apps for the iPhone have sucked... badly.

everettmarshall

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2007

No, skateboarding dog videos are the most interesting thing happening on the iPhone.

Besides, Mach Dice update will never get approved by Apple. It duplicates functionality of the previous version.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Despite the simple concept, this is one of my favorite iPhone apps. It never fails to bring a smile or look of wonder to the faces of my friends, and with coin tossing added it'll be even more convenient for decision-making, for those little two-way choices we are always making: whether to go to a university or a junior college, whether to buy or sell your stock, whether to change jobs or stay where you are, which candidate to vote into office, which of two women to marry, whether or not to have children, etc. Without Mach Dice, it would be much harder to make these decisions.

Mattjeff

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2008
No, skateboarding dog videos are the most interesting thing happening on the iPhone.

Besides, Mach Dice update will never get approved by Apple. It duplicates functionality of the previous version.

haha nice :)

He seems to be missing both one and three sided dice. Pretty obvious oversight, if you ask me.

just plain lazy I would say :mad:
I did catch your sarcasm be they way :p

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
I love this app!!

I have yet to actually use it for gaming, but it's been a cool "show-off" app so far. Can't wait to finally put it to practical use...

NinjaHERO

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2008
U S of A

LMAO

I love this app. Also nice that the developer has a blog. Its very interesting to read the progress and process of building an app. The new features look awesome.

Yes, I admit I am a gaming nerd.

Shagrat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
London
why the hate? this app is flipp'n wicked!

Err... not TOO much hate going on here...:D

Although unless I get an update soon that includes 293 sided dice with scrolling dragon scale surfaces and 4d Mobius and Klein bottle dice, I'll be ditching the iPhone and buying a Windows Mobile based phone....:cool:

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
Err... not TOO much hate going on here...:D

Although unless I get an update soon that includes 293 sided dice with scrolling dragon scale surfaces and 4d Mobius and Klein bottle dice, I'll be ditching the iPhone and buying a Windows Mobile based phone....:cool:

^^^^

Now that's a dice app to get excited about!

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Why can't I play my favorite HD movies on each face of each die as I roll them? ;)

As a group, customers are never satisfied. But I think we're getting our 99 cents worth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.