Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Jan 22, 2004, 03:10 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

iPod Lookalike - Nextway releases a rather familiar looking ...

Category: 3rd Party Hardware
Link: iPod Lookalike - Nextway releases a rather familiar looking MP3 player...

Posted on MacBytes.com

Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Jan 22, 2004, 03:22 PM   #2
balconycollapse
macrumors regular

Geez that's pretty blatant! I don't want Apple to get media spun that they are bullies but they oughta push this company around if thats a solid state wheel.
balconycollapse is offline   0
Old Jan 22, 2004, 03:22 PM   #3
RHutch
macrumors 6502

Lots of features

It sounds like this will have a lot of features that people will want. I have seen a lot of people asking for ogg support on the iPod.

I don't think that this is any sort of competition for the iPod though. I think that the relationship between a player and download services is going to be important.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 03:31 PM   #4
kwtneo
macrumors newbie

SHAMELESS!!

shameless! shameless! shameless! i hope apple legal will be on them.
kwtneo is offline   0
Old Jan 22, 2004, 03:33 PM   #5
wordmunger
macrumors 603

Re: Lots of features

Quote:
Originally posted by RHutch
I think that the relationship between a player and download services is going to be important.
Couldn't be better said. Much the way you tend to buy cell phones these days.
wordmunger is offline   0
Old Jan 22, 2004, 04:24 PM   #6
Photorun
Banned

The word "blatant rip off" comes to mind for it's case. Thing is there are companies that imitate (and I'm sure Apple's lawyers don't think it's flattery) and even in imitation they make things 10X as ugly.

I'm impressed with it's feature list though. Hopefully Apple will add some of those goodies. But for now Apple needs to do one thign... sue the pants off these buggers.
Photorun is offline   0
Old Jan 22, 2004, 05:45 PM   #7
dracoleb
macrumors member

Here is the translation, via Sherlock, I'm posting on my .Mac because it is rather long
http://homepage.mac.com/dracoleb/Personal8.html
Make what you will of it
Old Jan 22, 2004, 07:09 PM   #8
the_mole1314
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to the_mole1314
I'd give the product two weeks to live. By then Apple Legal will have it hung and done with.
Old Jan 22, 2004, 07:24 PM   #9
D0ct0rteeth
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to D0ct0rteeth Send a message via MSN to D0ct0rteeth Send a message via Yahoo to D0ct0rteeth Send a message via Skype™ to D0ct0rteeth
Old Jan 22, 2004, 07:49 PM   #10
jydesign
macrumors member

OK, so it's got the looks of an iPod and the icons of a Charlie Chaplin film. Did you get a gander at that giant space-wasting phonograph icon? Sad. So the hardware team went off and said, let's rippoff the ipod, while the software dudes were in thier own little bubble saying, let's combine the wonderful PSION pda interface with icons from little rascals era! yes, brilliant!
jydesign is offline   0
Old Jan 22, 2004, 08:19 PM   #11
Photorun
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by jydesign
OK, so it's got the looks of an iPod and the icons of a Charlie Chaplin film. Did you get a gander at that giant space-wasting phonograph icon? Sad. So the hardware team went off and said, let's rippoff the ipod, while the software dudes were in thier own little bubble saying, let's combine the wonderful PSION pda interface with icons from little rascals era! yes, brilliant!
LMAO!!!
Photorun is offline   0
Old Jan 22, 2004, 10:55 PM   #12
winmacguy
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally posted by jydesign
You can rip the iPod of till the cows come home, but unless you can play iTunes on your MP3 player it wont get you far in 2004 and I dont think it will affect too many sales of the iPod any more than any other non iPod out there such as the Dell DJ.

Take the buggers to court!
winmacguy is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion