Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Sep 23, 2008, 03:36 PM   #1
Denarius
macrumors 6502a

Apple Hardware Test hanging: MacBook Pro

I've been tinkering with my MacBook Pro the last week, doubling the ram and putting in a bigger/faster hard drive. It's running fine, no problems, but I just thought I'd put it through the hardware test. Did the basic test and it was fine, but when I did the extended it seemed to hang up about 7 minutes in, although the mouse still moved and you could click the stop test button (it didn't seem to actually stop anything though). Thinking that there might be something wrong with the new RAM, I put back the old RAM but it still hung in the memory test. Any thoughts?

I'm not overly concerned by this as it all seems to be hunky dorey, but I am curious as to whether hardware test is normally reliable on a MacBook Pro.

Cheers.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro