Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Sep 24, 2008, 05:30 AM   #1
chuckles25
macrumors newbie

komplete 5 sequencer?

I was looking to replace Reason 4 with Komplete 5. I have a pro tools le system right now that i rewire Reason with. My question is does komplete 5 come with a sequencer that i can rewire like Reason, or are they only instruments that you would use as plug-ins. i dont really like using the pro tools sequencer for midi. I was also looking to buy logic 8 and use it with komplete 5 but i dont want to spend the money and be disappointed. im just looking for the fastest and most efficient way to use the komplete set. ive heard rumors that Native instruments and pro tools do not mesh well together for some reason(I think its having to do with battery 3 and that pro tools dosent have a drum sequencer. also crashing issues). does anybody have any advice? or experience with using komplete in either programs?

Last edited by chuckles25; Sep 24, 2008 at 05:42 AM.
chuckles25 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 03:10 PM   #2
originalcliche
macrumors member

No Komplete 5 does not come with a sequencer. Its only instruments. Pro tools sucks balls for midi. Logic 8 is amazing for midi. You won't be dissapointed. Logic 8 and Komplete 5 along with Reason 4 and your set musically for a long long time.. though if your anything like anybody else your gear lust greed takes over really quickly..
originalcliche is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio