Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Sep 24, 2008, 11:44 PM   #1
nonwontonface
macrumors newbie

iphone stuck on pineapple screen

I have a 2.0.1 1st gen iphone and I wanted to erase all the content on it. I went setting >general > reset > erase all content and setting . I waited an hour for it to finish, and than it went to the pineapple screen, and now it is stuck on it. I tried to hold the power and home button for it to turn off, and it turned off. But when I go back to turn it on again, it is still stuck on the pineapple screen. What can I do to fix this?
nonwontonface is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2008, 07:48 AM   #2
geekmommy4
macrumors 6502

Maybe this post will help. Mine was stuck on the apple logo a few days ago and this worked for me.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...+on+apple+logo
geekmommy4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2008, 11:51 AM   #3
mbopy22
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonwontonface View Post
I have a 2.0.1 1st gen iphone and I wanted to erase all the content on it. I went setting >general > reset > erase all content and setting . I waited an hour for it to finish, and than it went to the pineapple screen, and now it is stuck on it. I tried to hold the power and home button for it to turn off, and it turned off. But when I go back to turn it on again, it is still stuck on the pineapple screen. What can I do to fix this?

Hey dude
I had the exact same issue, due to the exact same reason.

Solution? go to iClarified they have a tutorial on how to unlock/jailbrake your phone, you'll have to restore it again, that is the only way around.

Hope it helps.

iClarified

iPhone Tutorial
Sony HSDC 50
mbopy22 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 12:31 AM   #4
nonwontonface
macrumors newbie

Thank you!! The iclarified tutorial worked!!
nonwontonface is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2008, 08:52 PM   #5
leo14dam
macrumors newbie

hey

hey i just found this forum and i actually just encountered the same problem i tried reseting the phone back to its original state and when i did it, it said it will take about an hour i come back home to find out its stuck on the pineapple screen now i don't know what to do.. you said to go to iclarified but the one thing is will it still work if my computer doesn't even recognize my phone when its plugged in
??

appreciate the help
leo14dam is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2008, 10:40 AM   #6
sassyny
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo14dam View Post
hey i just found this forum and i actually just encountered the same problem i tried reseting the phone back to its original state and when i did it, it said it will take about an hour i come back home to find out its stuck on the pineapple screen now i don't know what to do.. you said to go to iclarified but the one thing is will it still work if my computer doesn't even recognize my phone when its plugged in
??

appreciate the help

Hey did you ever figure out how to solve this? I am having the EXACT same problem.
sassyny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2008, 10:56 AM   #7
TheConfuzed1
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to TheConfuzed1
Turn off the phone.

Plug it into a USB port.

If it doesn't come on, on it's own, turn it on.

This alone may fix it, but if it doesn't, force it into recovery mode, and then plug it in. Google for how to do that. I would give you a link, but I'm posting on my iPhone... No bloody copy and paste.
GameCenter: theconfuzed1
TheConfuzed1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2009, 05:42 AM   #8
cameraben
macrumors newbie

Pwnage does not believe my iphone is connected

Hi there,

I've also managed to get my 3g iphone stuck on the pineapple screen after erasing all data. I'm trying to jailbreak it again but pwnage gets stuck at the stage where it asks you to connect the phone. Itunes also will not see it and it won't let me switch it off, so I can't get it into DFU mode or Restore. Any help much appreciated. Thanks
cameraben is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2009, 10:01 AM   #9
Alexfr
macrumors newbie

same problem but... no solution

Hi Everyone,

I am in exactly the same predicament. I have tried all the other suggestions and I was wondering if anyone had found a way around this that actually works 100%?

It's so frustrating.... ahhhhhh

Thanks!
Alexfr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2009, 03:49 PM   #10
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

I dont think theres an easy fix for it.
You just gotta restore and rejailbreak again.
http://www.iclarified.com/entries/in...caid=2&scid=11
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2009, 02:45 AM   #11
feedmediaamonds
macrumors newbie

Cydiaaa Help

Hi there, I was downloading an app from Cydia and it gave me only one option to reboot my iPhone. I did so, and my device does not go past the pineapple logo. I have held the home button and the sleep button numerous times but no different action occurs. Can someone please help me? I'd appreciate it. Thank you. (:
feedmediaamonds is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2010, 04:42 PM   #12
joeche
macrumors newbie

I had the exact same problem for the exact same reason. I tried resetting on iphone and it was stuck on pineapple for days with no hope of recoverying.

Here's what worked for me.

Itunes should be open.
Turn off your phone.
Unplug your phone from usb port.
Hold down "home" button on iphone.

plug in your phone while still holding the Home button and don't let go.
Your iphone will go into recovery mode.
Restore your iphone with your .ispw file you used to originally unlock phone.
joeche is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2010, 05:53 PM   #13
dhlizard
macrumors G3

The solution to this is everyone who doesn't know what they are doing need to stop hitting the erase all content and settings button.

Just do a restore, choose set up as new.

No one other than a dedicated hacker will be able to retrieve info from your phone.

Look for me here
dhlizard is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks