Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 29, 2008, 08:18 AM   #1
ICEBreaker
macrumors 6502

Sync Media Deletion from iPod to Mac

Dear iPod fans,

One can delete media (e.g. podcast) from the iPod (Touch). However, as soon as the iPod is connected back to the Mac, all the deleted media is downloaded back to the Touch thus nullifying my decision to delete those media. I had expected the deletion to be propagated to the Mac instead. This seems really illogical to me.

[1] Why is an option to delete media offered, if this deletion is reversed during sync. What is the purpose of deleting media?
[2] A person usually makes a decision as to whether to delete media immediately after listening/viewing the media. He/she is not going to go back to the Mac later, then re-open each and every media to decide again whether it is worth deleting. What an utter waste of time and effort! I just sorted through almost 100 media files on the train today. And now I have to do it again on the Mac.

Can someone please explain the rationale being Apple's sync, and more importantly, is there anyway to achieve 2-way syncing, i.e. syncing based on last action taken (e.g. imap style)

Thank you!
JC
ICEBreaker is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod