Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Sep 29, 2008, 06:14 PM   #1
TheNorthWaves
macrumors 6502

Can I transfer apps from iPod (or other computer) to new computer?

here's the thing - air sharing was free a couple weeks ago and I downloaded it to my mac mini and installed it on the ipod touch. It is now $7. I just bought a macbook this weekend and decided I want to sync the ipod touch with the macbook instead. However, it seems that I can't do that without erasing all the crap on my ipod. Is there a way to transfer my apps from the pre-existing computer (or from the ipod) to my new macbook, thus allowing me to sync it without losing everything? And yes, I was aware that new macbooks are coming out soon.

Thanks
TheNorthWaves is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2008, 06:17 PM   #2
macbookairman
macrumors 6502a

yeah. just put them on a cd or flash drive and transfer them to an authorized computer (you can have up to 5).

Just drag the apps that you want from the iTunes window to the flash drive or disc you want them on.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 06:32 PM   #3
aethelbert
macrumors 601

Why not just use migration assistant or time machine to restore the files from the mini onto the new notebook. Then you get everything, including the iphone apps.
aethelbert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2008, 06:39 PM   #4
TheNorthWaves
macrumors 6502

I actually did use time machine but without migration assistant (I wanted to restructure my folders this time around) - what folder are the apps natively in?
TheNorthWaves is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2008, 06:41 PM   #5
aethelbert
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorthWaves View Post
I actually did use time machine but without migration assistant (I wanted to restructure my folders this time around) - what folder are the apps natively in?
Wherever your iTunes library is (by default /users/your username/music/iTunes) then in the mobile applications folder. If you just restored from a Time Machine backup from the mini, the files would be in your iTunes library by default.
aethelbert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2008, 07:02 PM   #6
baseball-kid8
macrumors member

first sign on to your itunes account and find the app you want. Then click download and a message should come up saying that you have already downloaded this app. click ok to download it again. That s what I did and it worked perfectly. Your account doesn't get charged also.
baseball-kid8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:40 AM   #7
likethesoup2
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolymartin View Post
You need to sign in to your apple id and authorize the new computer in iTunes. Then you can right click your iPod in iTunes and click transfer purchases.
Guessing this issue has been resolved.

Just sayin.
likethesoup2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:32 AM   #8
maplelegend
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to maplelegend Send a message via Skype™ to maplelegend
Wondering if this issue had been solved and how? Which floor is the best solution?
maplelegend is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch