Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyebeaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2006
I have a first generation macbook, and lately my wireless internet has been going out for no reason. The wireless router is IN the same room as the computer and in the past I have had no issues. It disconnects from the network and will not allow my to reconnect. Has anyone else had this issue? I have done all software updates so the only thing that comes to mind is a fault airport card. I wonder how much apple charges to replace it?

ds4281

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2008
I have had the same problem recently on a first generation macbook. In reality, when I upgraded from my old ibook to the macbook, it never had quite the range. However, now I sometimes have trouble connecting when I am sitting right next to the router (airport express). Even when it does connect, sometimes I get four bars but others (like right now) 1-2 and I can't go to another room in the house. I know it is not the macbook because my imac which is upstairs gets full power. I too would love some help on this!

eyebeaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2006
A first generation white Macbook.. the lowest on the price scale.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.