Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

number9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2004
USA
So over the past couple of days I've been running into this problem: every now and then, my iMac Core Duo says that the connection has been lost with my Aluminum wireless keyboard. It almost instantaneously reconnects as I've never had any lack of responsiveness from it, however, for a few minutes after this message is displayed, my mouse lags significantly. Eventually everything goes back to normal speed. I've tried rebooting, powering off the wireless mighty mouse and the keyboard, repaired them, etc. and the problem persists. any ideas?

number9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2004
USA
Yeah, it could be, but I just replaced the batteries in both the mouse and keyboard two weeks ago, and both have 4 bars left on the bluetooth pref pane indicators. Maybe I'll just try new ones anyway, if its a bad batch of batteries?

iGrant

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2006
Ridgeway
Yeah, it could be, but I just replaced the batteries in both the mouse and keyboard two weeks ago, and both have 4 bars left on the bluetooth pref pane indicators. Maybe I'll just try new ones anyway, if its a bad batch of batteries?

Yeah it could be that, what was the brand of batteries? I use to put cheapo rechargeable in mine, and it would die in like 3 weeks, went and got some good Energizer rechargeables and it last a long time.

-iGrant

Phil47

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2008
Too many mice?

I had exactly this problem vexing me for several weeks: occasionally jerky mouse and keyboard cutting out. I tried reconnecting, changing batteries and brands multiple times, changing fan speed to alter internal temps, etc.

Then I realized that my wife's Bluetooth mouse across the room might be affecting mine, so for the heck of it I deleted the name for hers (it used to be mine) from the Bluetooth devices list, my present mouse too, and then reset up mine from scratch.

That worked! Both my Mighty Mouse and wireless keyboard are back without any sporadic behavior.

leodavinci0

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2006
same thing here

This is a problem many have had. There are some folks in an apple forum (sorry, too lazy to get the link) that found this sporadic connection issue tends to occur more during high USB throughput. No solution was ever found that I know of. If anyone has another solution other than the batteries please post. My batteries are new as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.