Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Sep 30, 2008, 11:04 PM   #1
number9
macrumors 6502

Bluetooth connection problems

So over the past couple of days I've been running into this problem: every now and then, my iMac Core Duo says that the connection has been lost with my Aluminum wireless keyboard. It almost instantaneously reconnects as I've never had any lack of responsiveness from it, however, for a few minutes after this message is displayed, my mouse lags significantly. Eventually everything goes back to normal speed. I've tried rebooting, powering off the wireless mighty mouse and the keyboard, repaired them, etc. and the problem persists. any ideas?
Old Oct 2, 2008, 09:29 AM   #2
number9
macrumors 6502

Anyone?
Old Oct 2, 2008, 09:31 AM   #3
iGrant
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to iGrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
Anyone?
Yeah that sounds like the batteries are going bad. The same thing use to happen with my bluetooth mouse that I had for my Macbook.

-iGrant
Old Oct 2, 2008, 09:56 AM   #4
number9
macrumors 6502

Yeah, it could be, but I just replaced the batteries in both the mouse and keyboard two weeks ago, and both have 4 bars left on the bluetooth pref pane indicators. Maybe I'll just try new ones anyway, if its a bad batch of batteries?
Old Oct 2, 2008, 10:02 AM   #5
iGrant
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to iGrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
Yeah, it could be, but I just replaced the batteries in both the mouse and keyboard two weeks ago, and both have 4 bars left on the bluetooth pref pane indicators. Maybe I'll just try new ones anyway, if its a bad batch of batteries?
Yeah it could be that, what was the brand of batteries? I use to put cheapo rechargeable in mine, and it would die in like 3 weeks, went and got some good Energizer rechargeables and it last a long time.

-iGrant
Old Oct 19, 2008, 07:08 PM   #6
Phil47
macrumors newbie

Too many mice?

I had exactly this problem vexing me for several weeks: occasionally jerky mouse and keyboard cutting out. I tried reconnecting, changing batteries and brands multiple times, changing fan speed to alter internal temps, etc.

Then I realized that my wife's Bluetooth mouse across the room might be affecting mine, so for the heck of it I deleted the name for hers (it used to be mine) from the Bluetooth devices list, my present mouse too, and then reset up mine from scratch.

That worked! Both my Mighty Mouse and wireless keyboard are back without any sporadic behavior.
Phil47 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2008, 07:18 PM   #7
leodavinci0
macrumors 6502

same thing here

This is a problem many have had. There are some folks in an apple forum (sorry, too lazy to get the link) that found this sporadic connection issue tends to occur more during high USB throughput. No solution was ever found that I know of. If anyone has another solution other than the batteries please post. My batteries are new as well.
leodavinci0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac