Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Oct 2, 2008, 09:57 AM   #1
matt9b
macrumors member

how to get mac pro to play through speakers?

I have a mac pro running bootcamp win xp.

The sound from win explorer and firefox comes out of the internal mac speakers. How do I get it to come through my audio external speakers?

Windows sound comes through external speakers.

Any ideas?

I'm using mbox core audio.
matt9b is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2008, 10:12 AM   #2
kornyboy
macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

If your speakers are a USB device you may need to install a driver. If that is not the case, I don't have any ideas as long as you checked Volume Control in XP.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 04:39 PM   #3
ThirteenXIII
macrumors 6502a

what output did you plug them into? Line Out? Headphone? Optical?

did you install the bootcamp drivers; including the audio & sound drivers (realtek)?

To use a simple line out, just plug it into the output below the Optical Out on the far right side of the back of the MacPro it has a Speaker Icon above the port. then you just select the output settings from Contron Panel>Sounds & Devices or double-click the speaker icon on the task bar.

I'm using the optical output of my macpro for both XP and OSX
im just using the optical out, here sort of how i have it setup on my machine.
basically if your using optical you want to put the volume level for "master volume" down or it will play out the internal speaker, but still allowing optical audio to pass.

ThirteenXIII is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac