Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tongteh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
Any one have experience with any of the trailer application on app store?? I am currently looking at "trailer" and "kickscreen movie trailers".. i am not too sure which one to get, i have tried "trailer lite" and i find it pretty nice and simple.. just wondering if kickscreen is any better?? :)

any information would be much appreciated.. thank you in advance..

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Any one have experience with any of the trailer application on app store?? I am currently looking at "trailer" and "kickscreen movie trailers".. i am not too sure which one to get, i have tried "trailer lite" and i find it pretty nice and simple.. just wondering if kickscreen is any better?? :)

any information would be much appreciated.. thank you in advance..

So far, I've only used the "Trailers" app. Funny thing is when they released the "poster flow" feature, sooner or later kickscreen released an update saying that they added the poster flow too.. lol

I just sent an email to the developer of "Trailer" and he said he's working on an update. Wait for that then compare ;)

jds4300

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2008
Moviefone!

Though not an app, Moviefone is in my opinion the best. Moviefone is a web app. Just go to moviefone.com and check it out! You will love it, and it's free!

tongteh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
thanks for the information.. what i can see is that "trailers lite" is lack of the function to actually read a brief movie overview, i am not sure if "trailers" have that. if yes, i am getting regardless of the update..

note: update will just be a bonus.. :p

Deklann

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2008
Ohio
I personally prefer KickScreen...

I have both apps. Both do very similar things and both show you movie trailers. Both applications have poster flow, which is implemented in nearly the same manner.

Kickscreen, however, has some features that I personally like:
  • The Developer is responsive and welcomes input
  • If you like a trailer, you can add the movie directly to your blockbuster or netflix queue
  • You're not limited to upcoming movies only. You can see what is currently in theaters, on DVD, as well as what is pending future release.
  • The application is not limited to WiFi only and/or 3G. If you dont have a WiFi or 3G connection, you can perform every application function over edge (of course, you just need to be a little patient).
  • The developer is always thinking of whats next and seems to release updates frequently.
  • You have the ability to sort the list of trailers by many different criterion (Date, Title) - and there is an A-Z Quicklist on the right.

Best of all, KickScreen does not cost as much as the Trailers app. I think it's a no brainer here.

Deklann

segalas

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2007
nowplaying

I would have to say "NowPlaying" as it is a simple interface with trailers of most if not all upcoming movie trailers.

Mass Spec22

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2008
New York City
I just downloaded TrailerSpy Mobile, which I think is pretty new. It isn't perfect, but it's got ridiculous amounts of trailers on it, far more than either Trailers or Kickscreen.

Aymy

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2010
Iphone Webapp: Movie Scene Quizz!

I saw a webapp game on the portal http://iAppsforfree.com that you could like.

The goal is watch movie scenes and guess the title.

I had fun ... Enjoy ;-)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.