Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tragedies

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 4, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Lately my iPod touch has, every now and then, just gone off.

Bassicly my touch will be on my desk on 'sleep', and when I try to wake it up by clicking the sleep/wake button or home button, nothing happens. Its jsut a black screen. The only way to get it back is to connect it via a cable to iTunes, where once connected the screen flashes on and of twice and it's fine.

This has never happened until the latest firmware. I believe its the cause of one of my jail broken apps from Cydia, but I don't know which, and I don't know how to get rid of all of the,. i doubt it's a hardware problem.

Anyone experienced this, or know of a solution?

Running 2.1 iPod touch firmware, with Cydia and Installer, with numerous Cydia apps.

This doesn't happen too ofteb. Last time this happened was maybe two weeks ago. When Im on the go, constantly selecting tracks, getting my iPod out, nothings wrong =/ I worry though that I'll take my touch out somewhere and I try and wake it amd it'll be black screen'd, and I'll have to connect it to a computer.

Do you guys recommend a restore? If I was too restore, could I restore to the 2.1 firmware, then sue QuickPwn again? Does restoring (my memory aint good today) remove all your music and data? If so, I'll use PwnageTool instead of QuickPwn, since my data will be erased anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.