Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Oct 3, 2008, 11:06 AM   #1
kangjor
macrumors newbie

Jailbreak iphone 3g unlocked by turbo sim

I have a iphone 3g unlocked by turbo sim and firmware version is 2.0.1.
I will try jailbreak with Pwagne tool. I'm wondering if the turbo sim wouldn't work after jailbreaking. Can anybody advise me regarding of this issue?
Thanks

Last edited by kangjor; Oct 3, 2008 at 11:39 AM.
kangjor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2008, 01:54 PM   #2
anirudh
macrumors 6502

Thumbs up

I am using turbo sim n has the same doubt before jailbreaking. But don't worry, if the rebel sim works before jailbreaking then it will work even after you jailbreak. Also remember to select the ACTIVATE option in pwnage tool while creating the custom firmware.
anirudh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2008, 08:30 PM   #3
kangjor
macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirudh View Post
I am using turbo sim n has the same doubt before jailbreaking. But don't worry, if the rebel sim works before jailbreaking then it will work even after you jailbreak. Also remember to select the ACTIVATE option in pwnage tool while creating the custom firmware.
Thanks a lot. Your comment encourages me to do it. One more thing, selecting the ACTIVATE option doesn't mean unlocking the phone, does it? I still need the turbo sim, right?
Old Oct 3, 2008, 11:38 PM   #4
anirudh
macrumors 6502

wish the ACTIVATE option would unlock the phone. Then we wouldn't have to use REBEL SIM :-) btw, it does not unlock it. If you don't select it, even after restoring with the custom firmware your phone will be stuck at SLIDE TO UNLOCK SCREEN. The ACTIVATE option brings youur iPhone to the springboard.
anirudh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2008, 11:59 PM   #5
kangjor
macrumors newbie

Thanks again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirudh View Post
wish the ACTIVATE option would unlock the phone. Then we wouldn't have to use REBEL SIM :-) btw, it does not unlock it. If you don't select it, even after restoring with the custom firmware your phone will be stuck at SLIDE TO UNLOCK SCREEN. The ACTIVATE option brings youur iPhone to the springboard.
Thanks for your quick response. u r the man!
Old Nov 24, 2008, 11:26 PM   #6
technogeekchris
macrumors newbie

Please help - iphone 3g jaibreak

Hi, i have an IPHONE 3G running on turbosim. Can you please help me jailbreak this Iphone. Will the turbosim will work even after the jailbreak? I have 2.1 and would like to keep same firmware. I heard people who upgraded to 2.2 and turbosim didnt work. Can you please help me jailbreak my 2.1 IPHONE 3G. I only have a Windows Vista and waht tool i need for jailbreak? I have some questions:

1) Shall i remove the turbosim and chip before the jailbreak?
2) after jailbreak, i can put turbosim and will it work?
3) i heard i need to activare in jailbreak, where can i find this and wah is this for?
4) what firmware I need to use -can you give me the link?

thanks, chris
technogeekchris is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks