Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gan6660

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
like the title says i was fooling around and know my ipods set to chinese and i cant get it back to english. is there away to do this without resetting?

gan6660

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
cant navigate back to english since menues are in a different language.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
OK, press the Settings icon (with the cogs), then the menu option with the cogs. Next, choose the option second from the bottom, followed by the topmost option. English should be in the list if you've done it right :)

Note that the Chinese keyboard will still be available unless you explicitly disable it afterwards.

bighouse123

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2009
Psp forum

OK, press the Settings icon (with the cogs), then the menu option with the cogs. Next, choose the option second from the bottom, followed by the topmost option. English should be in the list if you've done it right :)

Note that the Chinese keyboard will still be available unless you explicitly disable it afterwards.

Which one is the cogs like what is a cog
:confused::confused:

Numbers

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2009
Massachusetts
ipodtouch.jpg

ne-nor

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2009
hey, can anyone help me?

i just got and ipod touch
i've done something to my itunes and if i go to itune or the apps on my touch its in french... the rest of the touch is in english

on itunes on my pc most of it is in english but theres "genius" in french.
i tried deleting itunes from my pc and reinstalling but it hasnt made a difference

ive never used itunes or an ipod before so im totally lost

can anyone help? :):confused:

zeemeerman2

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2010
ne-nor, from what I recently discovered, it's quite simple.

The App Store and iTunes Store take over the system language of your computer (Mac or PC).

Normally I speak Dutch, but for practicing my French (I have exams in French in the near future) I switched my system language to French.

When I connected my iPod and synced it, afterwards I discovered the App Store was also in French, while the rest of the interface of my iPod remained in Dutch. iTunes on my Mac, was in French (since that is the system language), and so is the iTunes Store.

Hope this relates to your question. It's not a definite answer, but deleting iTunes might diminish the chance to change it to another language...

Possible suggestion: re-sync the device to iTunes when making sure your system language is in English.

It can be found somewhere in the Control Panel or System Preferences, then International (Mac) or Regional and Language Settings (Windows). Just out of the mind...

Hope it helps. ;)

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.