Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Oct 4, 2008, 09:05 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Apple Wins BlackBerry Defectors With Business IPhones

Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Apple Wins BlackBerry Defectors With Business IPhones
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Oct 5, 2008, 09:20 AM   #2
QCassidy352
macrumors G3

I would love to be able to use my iphone as my work phone and not have to carry a bb as well. The hold up is the IT department, which won't support it yet... but hopefully, in time...
Old Oct 5, 2008, 08:40 PM   #3
dam0dred
macrumors regular

I would love to give up my BlackBerry for work too, but the inability to edit documents, lack of copy/paste, and unacceptable battery life will keep me dragging around my Bold along with my iPhone.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 09:16 PM   #4
MacTraveller
macrumors regular

I gave up my blackberry. But it's a much older model, so its really unfair to compare it with the modern features of iphone 3G

the built in keyboard was the only reason BB was more useful. other than that, no reason to hold onto the relic BB. iphones have already way surpassed it in features.
MacTraveller is offline   0
Old Oct 5, 2008, 09:17 PM   #5
mobilehaathi
macrumors 601

Cool. I'd prefer an iPhone over a BB anyday.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 10:34 PM   #6
shfreelance
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to shfreelance
Hugs my Blackberry 8830!!!
Old Oct 5, 2008, 11:29 PM   #7
andyjam
macrumors regular

At work, the IT people have given us the choice of switching over to the iPhone or getting a Blackberry Pearl or Bold. I already own an iPhone but have opted to get a Bold. I usually only carry my iPhone around, the IT people are happy to have call forwarding from my BB number to my personal number and I can now get all my work emails etc into the iPhone. I only use my BB when I'm at work or at conferences etc... It is more convenient in these settings. It sets a better image to...
andyjam is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion