Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cowm007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
The current sync methods work great for new TV seasons I download as I add one episode at a time. However, when I add a whole season of ripped shows to my library, iTunes only knows to add the "newest" episode which is the last one from the season.

Is there anyway to instead sync the episodes in order? Like episode 1-3 first, instead of 22-20? Why on earth would I want to see episode 22 before episode 1 is beyond me. I've tried to figure out a smart playlist that might accomplish this but I've had no luck. Any suggestions?

kfordham281

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2007
Have you tried changing your sync options in iTunes? While you have your iPhone plugged in, click on it under devices and then click the TV shows tab. Change the sync settings to something like "3 least recent unwatched". If that doesn't work, you could easily create a playlist of the episodes you want to sync and rotate the episodes in the playlist. A smart playlist might even work too.

cowm007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
Have you tried changing your sync options in iTunes? While you have your iPhone plugged in, click on it under devices and then click the TV shows tab. Change the sync settings to something like "3 least recent unwatched". If that doesn't work, you could easily create a playlist of the episodes you want to sync and rotate the episodes in the playlist. A smart playlist might even work too.

Ah, so that's what that means. I was kind of confused by that wording, but that did the trick. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.