Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Oct 4, 2008, 11:37 PM   #1
cowm007
macrumors regular

Need help syncing TV shows to iPhone

The current sync methods work great for new TV seasons I download as I add one episode at a time. However, when I add a whole season of ripped shows to my library, iTunes only knows to add the "newest" episode which is the last one from the season.

Is there anyway to instead sync the episodes in order? Like episode 1-3 first, instead of 22-20? Why on earth would I want to see episode 22 before episode 1 is beyond me. I've tried to figure out a smart playlist that might accomplish this but I've had no luck. Any suggestions?
cowm007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2008, 12:19 AM   #2
kfordham281
macrumors 6502

Have you tried changing your sync options in iTunes? While you have your iPhone plugged in, click on it under devices and then click the TV shows tab. Change the sync settings to something like "3 least recent unwatched". If that doesn't work, you could easily create a playlist of the episodes you want to sync and rotate the episodes in the playlist. A smart playlist might even work too.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 12:41 AM   #3
cowm007
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfordham281 View Post
Have you tried changing your sync options in iTunes? While you have your iPhone plugged in, click on it under devices and then click the TV shows tab. Change the sync settings to something like "3 least recent unwatched". If that doesn't work, you could easily create a playlist of the episodes you want to sync and rotate the episodes in the playlist. A smart playlist might even work too.
Ah, so that's what that means. I was kind of confused by that wording, but that did the trick. Thanks!
cowm007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod