Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Oct 7, 2008, 12:02 PM   #1
originalcliche
macrumors member

Went from 2Gb to 4Gb

So i upgraded the other day from 2GB of ram to 4GB because FutureShop here in Canada were having a sale... 70 bucks for 4 GB's of Kingston ram. Pretty good deal I spose, haven't seen it cheaper up here yet ... but anyways. I wanted to post this for Logic users/ anyone whos using audio on a Macbook and is thinking about upgrading the ram. So far I have noticed once GREAT improvement. No more problems with Cpu overload or disc not being fast enough or error synching midi with audio. So far all my projects have been fine. Loading times haven't really improved but no more wheel of death. Its pretty much already paid for it self for no longer giving me a headache and now re-wire works pretty much falwlessly when working with lots of reason tracks. IMO if you can upgrade. you won't be dissapointed. Not much of a speed increase just a convenience increase.
originalcliche is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio