Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JR7361

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
i have a Motorola Razr v31 and i have 2 years on my contract. my phone is broken and i am getting an iphone used. i believe it is unlocked. i would like to know if i can put the SIM card (rogers) into the iphone, and if not unlocked how can i do so? anyone help please?

d7sdavid

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2008
Dartmouth N.S.
Putting A sim card in a Rogers phone

i have a Motorola Razr v31 and i have 2 years on my contract. my phone is broken and i am getting an iphone used. i believe it is unlocked. i would like to know if i can put the SIM card (rogers) into the iphone, and if not unlocked how can i do so? anyone help please?

You can easily put the card in but make sure you have a data plan or your bill will go through the roof. When I bought my iPhone , The sim out of my old phone slipped right in. Once again just confirm you have a data plan as the charges through Rogers will be very expensive.

neesh0

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
it will work as long as it is unlocked, just make sure you do not restore or update, otherwise you will have to unlock it again.

Moi un Mouton

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2008
Bracknell UK
but if you get your iphone and its not unlocked how do you unlock it ? help please

Read the stickies and the guides on these forums for all the info and software you need.

Just to shorten your research:
1. If your phone is on firmware 2.2.1 your only option is to buy a piggy-back SIM, or wait a few months
2. If it's on 2.2.0 or earlier then follow the guides to unlock it with YellowSn0w

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.