Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Desamell

Original poster
Aug 24, 2008
Okay here's the question....If i were to jailbreak an ipod with 2.1 on it then unjailbreak/restore it what firmware would i restore to
?

therealmrbob

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2008
After you install the 2.0 update it's tied to your iTunes account, it will update automatically, even on different computers, at least it did for me.

AdamM

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2008
I found a way to restore to 2.1 from 1.1.5

Download the 2.1FW and go into your itunes restore folder, I think it's in c/documents and settings/application/apple/itunes restore or something, I can give a direct and proper folder when I get home from school but if you can navigate into this folder you should find your 1.1.5 retore.

Take 1.1.5 out and place onto your desktop, place 2.1fw into the restore folder and then open itunes or restart it and click restore.

This "did" work for me and then i winpwn'd it and jailbroke my itouch 2.1

When you winpwn it just navigate to your itunes restore folder and click on the 2.1 firmware.

This was the only way I found I could update to 2.1 because shift +clicking + opening fW did not seem to work so I winging it.

To get back to 1.1.5 just replace your 2.1 with 1.1.5 and place 2.1 on your desktop or delete it if you like.

I did this when 2.1 came out and winpwn 2.1 itouch jailbreak was just experimental.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.