Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Oct 7, 2008, 08:56 PM   #1
JSimonian
macrumors newbie

iPhone screen not allowing me to hang up.

Hi all. Fairly new here. I did a quick search of the forums and didn't find a response to this, so I now pose it to you all...

Have any of you occasionally found that the iPhone won't let you hang up your phone calls? I hit the END CALL "button" on the screen and it dims, but does not disconnect the call. I found this particularly frustrating today when I inadvertently hit the wrong name in my address book. I tried to disconnect the call, but it would not. I received the persons voicemail and I went ahead and left a message anyway, but it still wouldn't disconnect. I finally had to restart to end the call.

I don't feel that I have a dead area on my screen or anything like that, because it works fine most of the time. Usually a restart will correct the problem, but it sometimes returns.

Just wondering if you all have experienced this also, or is it just me?

Thanks,

JSimonian
JSimonian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2009, 04:37 AM   #2
niclaso
macrumors newbie

iPhone wonīt disconnect

I am having the same problem. Is there perhaps some kind of time lag before the system reacts on the button being pushed? Could this be set in the preferences somewhere? Would be nice to know if this is a bug that can be patched or if it is something that you will have to get used with. Otherwise I would say itīs a major flaw. Though, the phone company doesnīt cry I assume - longer calls more money.

Regards,
Niclas
niclaso is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting