Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matttvera

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
I am not sure what this is even called for sure or if there is even something out there like this but simply put, I'd like to find some easy to use software that allows you to lay down some beats and then overlay those beats with audio clips of your choosing and then the ability to add effects to those clips, in my case I want to lay down a cool drum beat and then add various clips of a movie lets say, but then add like echo and stutter effects to the movie dialogue clips I want to lay down over the drum beat. I have heard things like this before on the radio and various places, so I got to believe this is some really easy to use software that makes it easy to crank out pieces like this that gives you a cool selection of audio effects filters to make it sound cool and interesting. Especially really want the ability to make an audio clip stutter like Max Headroom sort of you know like lets say someone says SHOCK! And then you can run some filter on it and make it go Sh-sh-sh-sh-ock-ock-ock-ock. :D Anything out there that even comes close to resembling something like this? The simpler the better, but still not so simple that its super duper limited in what you can do. But I'll take anything at this point.

Thanks for reading and thanks for helping if you help me that is, hopefully this is not just some post that will stay here and some dude that has the exact same question will google his question similar to mine and stumble upon this forum and read my question and go, holy cow thats exactly what I am looking for too! And then he excitedly scrolls down only to find zero replies. God I hate when that happens and you look at the date and the question was posted like 4 years ago which makes it even more depressing. Okay I am done talking now.

Please help!

Thanks (again)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.