Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Oct 9, 2008, 04:09 AM   #1
hampshireman
macrumors regular

Entourage, Mail and Go Daddy

I have just created an extra home page to keep stuff entirely seperate.

To work on it, I have purchased a domain name and email address from Go Daddy, but cannot seem to set it up in either Entourage or Mail.

As far as I can tell and I have repeated the operation several times on both email setups, the email account will just not open. What the hell am I doing wrong?
hampshireman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2008, 04:08 PM   #2
nadyne
macrumors 6502a

see vendor information in user profile
Send a message via ICQ to nadyne Send a message via AIM to nadyne Send a message via MSN to nadyne Send a message via Yahoo to nadyne Send a message via Skype™ to nadyne
Quote:
Originally Posted by hampshireman View Post
I have just created an extra home page to keep stuff entirely seperate.

To work on it, I have purchased a domain name and email address from Go Daddy, but cannot seem to set it up in either Entourage or Mail.

As far as I can tell and I have repeated the operation several times on both email setups, the email account will just not open. What the hell am I doing wrong?
GoDaddy has instructions for setting up Entourage with your Microsoft email account.

Regards,
Nadyne.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 03:24 AM   #3
hampshireman
macrumors regular

Yes thanks Nadyne, but those are the guides I have used so many times and failed and I have checked everything. I am wondering whether my current ISP and email provider needs some of their settings.

Edit. Sorry Nadyne, got it wrong those are not the guides, I don't want 2008. I am only running 10.4.11 anyway. I am not an advanced user. I have a help sheet from GoDaddy "Setting up MS Entourage for SMTP relay" but that doesn't work, like allow me to create an account. MY ISP is Plusnet in the UK and they have sent me a link which at present I can't paste in here for some reason. I will try to get with it on that but any help you can suggest would be most welcome

Last edited by hampshireman; Oct 10, 2008 at 11:02 AM.
hampshireman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2008, 11:01 AM   #4
nadyne
macrumors 6502a

see vendor information in user profile
Send a message via ICQ to nadyne Send a message via AIM to nadyne Send a message via MSN to nadyne Send a message via Yahoo to nadyne Send a message via Skype™ to nadyne
Quote:
Originally Posted by hampshireman View Post
Yes thanks Nadyne, but those are the guides I have used so many times and failed and I have checked everything. I am wondering whether my current ISP and email provider needs some of their settings.
This is probably the point where you need to contact GoDaddy's tech support to get them to help you out.

Regards,
Nadyne.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 11:04 AM   #5
hampshireman
macrumors regular

Here is that link mentioned above if it helps. I am getting quite frustrated and annoyed that I can't figure what is probably a simple operation, but I am not a techie user.

http://www.plus.net/support/domains_...domainin.shtml

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help