Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hampshireman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Hampshire
I have just created an extra home page to keep stuff entirely seperate.

To work on it, I have purchased a domain name and email address from Go Daddy, but cannot seem to set it up in either Entourage or Mail.

As far as I can tell and I have repeated the operation several times on both email setups, the email account will just not open. What the hell am I doing wrong?

nadyne

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2004
Mountain View, CA USA
I have just created an extra home page to keep stuff entirely seperate.

To work on it, I have purchased a domain name and email address from Go Daddy, but cannot seem to set it up in either Entourage or Mail.

As far as I can tell and I have repeated the operation several times on both email setups, the email account will just not open. What the hell am I doing wrong?

GoDaddy has instructions for setting up Entourage with your Microsoft email account.

Regards,
Nadyne.

hampshireman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Hampshire
Yes thanks Nadyne, but those are the guides I have used so many times and failed and I have checked everything. I am wondering whether my current ISP and email provider needs some of their settings.

Edit. Sorry Nadyne, got it wrong those are not the guides, I don't want 2008. I am only running 10.4.11 anyway. I am not an advanced user. I have a help sheet from GoDaddy "Setting up MS Entourage for SMTP relay" but that doesn't work, like allow me to create an account. MY ISP is Plusnet in the UK and they have sent me a link which at present I can't paste in here for some reason. I will try to get with it on that but any help you can suggest would be most welcome

nadyne

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2004
Mountain View, CA USA
Yes thanks Nadyne, but those are the guides I have used so many times and failed and I have checked everything. I am wondering whether my current ISP and email provider needs some of their settings.

This is probably the point where you need to contact GoDaddy's tech support to get them to help you out.

Regards,
Nadyne.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.