Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

angels lust

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Is anyone else experience this problem? I went through my entire collection and added 500x500 album art to every album I have. But it's like every time I sync my Touch to iTunes a (seemingly) random album will be missing it's artwork. Or even just a couple songs are missing artwork. So I have to re-add it. Pretty damn annoying.

Also I noticed that in album view (where you can view your albums horizontally and scroll through the images left or right) some albums aren't showing in there. Is there a limit to how many can be displayed?

Any help would be appreciated!

-Dark Angel-

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2007
Hmmmm, I had this problem earlier and it seems to happen when I do a massive sync but I found that if I sync one album at a time, my album art stays and doesn't disappear. Maybe that can help you out. It is a drag doing it but I like seeing my album artwork so I endured it.Oh, and you can stop lusting after me now ;) heheh (j/k ^.^)

a7xsteve

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2008
Hmmm..

The only thing i can really think of doing is going back into iTunes, opening up an album, and individually going through each song and making sure that the album artwork is there. Just save all the album artworks in your document maybe and you should be able to reach them through iTunes. It's how I did mine. I had one not working when I first synced my music into my touch, and one album didnt show the cover, so I went into iTunes and I must've forgot to set the album artwork.

Hope this helps!

angels lust

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Hmmmm, I had this problem earlier and it seems to happen when I do a massive sync but I found that if I sync one album at a time, my album art stays and doesn't disappear. Maybe that can help you out. It is a drag doing it but I like seeing my album artwork so I endured it.Oh, and you can stop lusting after me now ;) heheh (j/k ^.^)

That might be it. I did one massive sync, and am now doing it an album at a time and it's good so far.

Also I save the album image in the corresponding artist folder in my iTunes folders, so it's not like they are deleted after I add them.

And I will try not to lust so much. But it's hard for me. :eek:

Mario Zelda Fan

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2009
New Jersey
I have the same problem. I have 125 albums, but a LOT of them are missing their cover art on my iPod Touch 2G, even though every single album I have (except for six) has album art, on the Touch's interface, tons of albums are blank when they shouldn't be. But I mass synced, so that's probably the problem. :eek:

Mario Zelda Fan

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2009
New Jersey
I found that problem exists sometimes when not all songs have the art. I recommend Album Artwork Assistant: http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/10904402

I just found that out, too. I had an album with two songs, but only one had a covert art, and it was just a blank musical note on the iPod. But when I gave BOTH songs the same artwork, it appeared in the interface.

But the problem is, if that's the case (it probably is), I'll be taking up a lot of space on my iPod =\ Right now my "Other" is already at like 133 MB. So if I gotta go through like 20+ songs to add the artwork, it's gonna take up some precious MB...

Also, Pilo, I looked at the software, but what if it adds some cover art that is a large size? Or does it find the art with the lowest size?

And it adds art to every single song on your iTunes Library?

pilotrtc

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2008
Album Artwork Assistant serves up many options for you to pick from as album art. They range in content from dead on to sort of related and within those categories it serves up different sizes. You can pick the smallest size of any of the "dead on" ones that come up and, yes, if you've selected every song before starting the process, it will add it to every song.

Nintenmac

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2009
Just a quick question, by missing album art do you mean it is the greyed picture with the music note in the center or is where there is no art just a blank black slide in cover flow, if it is a blank black slide then you have to restore you ipod touch and it will be fixed. (Happened to me a couple months ago just a quick restore and everything was fixed)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.