Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrok18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
why didn't they include the Nike sensor with 2g touch? Why didn't they include the headphones with the mic with the 2g? O and when the hell will the new headphones be available ? Also is the battery worse on the 2g then the 1g? It seems like it dies faster but maybe it's just me. Thanks

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
:rolleyes: ugh

if apple gave away nike + why would nike even pair up with them, wheres the money in that.

They didnt give you a mic because you bought an IPOD. (yes you can do voip but i doubt apple wants to piss off at&t by just handing it to you)

no clue on the new headphones, but i do want to see reviews

the battery is better, is your screen all the way up with wifi always on?

jrok18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008

if apple gave away nike + why would nike even pair up with them, wheres the money in that.

They didnt give you a mic because you bought an IPOD. (yes you can do voip but i doubt apple wants to piss off at&t by just handing it to you)

no clue on the new headphones, but i do want to see reviews

the battery is better, is your screen all the way up with wifi always on?

O I thought the Nike sensor was made by apple. I don't know why they didn't launch the new headphones with the 2g bc the current ones r the worse ones I ever owned. And yes the screen is all the way up with wifi always on just like my 1g.

ChristopheJD

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2008
Oh I remember you. You were able to get another iPod I suppose.

Well...if Apple gave those standard, there wouldn't be too much money there. It's the same reason they took away wall chargers from an iPod package. Money. I believe the headphones are supposed to come out this fall, but I don't remember exactly. The battery life is supposed to be improved, but with the way I use mine, it seems to drain rather quickly.

EDIT: Do you really need the screen to be that bright? Tone it down a little. Believe me, you get used to it, and its easier on your eyes. WiFi should be fine to keep on. When you put your iPod on standby, WiFi turns off in a certain time period, and will reconnect when you take it out of standby.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
O I thought the Nike sensor was made by apple. I don't know why they didn't launch the new headphones with the 2g bc the current ones r the worse I ever owned. And yes the screen is all the way up with wifi always on just like my 1g.

Because apple just loves giving away $80 things with their products:rolleyes:

Its a seperate accessory.

mattwolfmatt

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
It's the money

Why not include the Nike+ sensor? Because that costs money and it's something only 15% of iPod touch owners use (I'm guessing).

Why not include the newer headphones? Well first of all they weren't available at the launch date. Also, again, because of the price difference.

Personally I'm happy I didn't have to pay $500 for my 32GB touch with these two things included. Especially since I already have two sensors and better headphones.

jrok18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
Why not include the Nike+ sensor? Because that costs money and it's something only 15% of iPod touch owners use (I'm guessing).

Why not include the newer headphones? Well first of all they weren't available at the launch date. Also, again, because of the price difference.

Personally I'm happy I didn't have to pay $500 for my 32GB touch with these two things included. Especially since I already have two sensors and better headphones.

wanna give me one of your sensors?

vanluuk

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2008
because apple is kinda lame sometimes...

a nike sensor cost prob. 2 $ to make and putting a MIC in the earbuds 1$....

-but HEY if we sell them seperate we can easily ask 40 $....

dont adding a mic is really lame, nike sensor, hmmm oke not everybody needs it....

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
They didn't give the Nike shoe transmitter away because it would have added to the cost of the Touch, and not everyone buying one wants it. Same for the headphones with mic. Not everybody wants it, so it's left to those who do to buy it seperately. They probably got a payment from Nike though for adding the iPod component to the Touch.

a7xsteve

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2008
Wait sorry I'm wrong (as usual lol). I saw a pair at a local WAL-MART that were $30 and were the same earphones that are packaged with iPods. But the ones iTeen gave a link to do have the mic and voume controls. Sorry about that. :p

quick5pnt0

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2008

Well you don't really think they'd give them away do you? If they included the sensor you'd still be paying for it but then it would be included. Nike would still make their money.

They didn't include the sensor because they wanted to keep the price low. If they included the sensor then the touch would have cost another $20 and since most people won't be using that feature to begin with it would have been an added cost to the majority of buyers that wasn't warranted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.