Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Oct 11, 2008, 12:32 PM   #1
claro
macrumors newbie

can't get to main menu

I'm stuck in music and can't get back to main menu. I've turned it off and when it comes back on, it's still in music. Do I need to.....reset? anyone seen this happen. I've only had this baby for 3 days. thnx
claro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2008, 01:09 PM   #2
skyrider007
macrumors 65816

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't work, try: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1394?viewlocale=en_US
Old Oct 11, 2008, 02:09 PM   #3
scotty96LSC
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrider007 View Post
Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't work, try: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1394?viewlocale=en_US
That should get you there. I've had to use it for the exact same reason and got me back to the beginning.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 03:55 PM   #4
sportsfrk214
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by claro View Post
I'm stuck in music and can't get back to main menu. I've turned it off and when it comes back on, it's still in music. Do I need to.....reset? anyone seen this happen. I've only had this baby for 3 days. thnx
I doubt it's this simple, but did you try pressing the home button? It's the round button located on the device right below the screen. That button will bring you back to the home screen regardless of where you are on your iPod.

(I'm sure many of you think I'm crazy for suggesting this, but he made no mention of pressing this button, and he's only had it for 3 days, so he very well could have not known what that button does.)
sportsfrk214 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2008, 05:07 PM   #5
claro
macrumors newbie

yes!

thanks for the help. I had pressed home button, which should have gotten me there (it didn't) but holding the 2 together until the apple showed up cleared it up. I appreciate your responses!
claro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2008, 05:21 PM   #6
sportsfrk214
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by claro View Post
thanks for the help. I had pressed home button, which should have gotten me there (it didn't) but holding the 2 together until the apple showed up cleared it up. I appreciate your responses!
Lol I figured, just thought I'd check. Whenever I show my Touch to someone who has never used it before, they can never figure out on their own that that one button will take them back to the home screen
sportsfrk214 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch