Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mandibela

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
Hi everybody!

So I bought the newest EyeTV Hybrid under the assumption it would (with little tweaking) operate in windows as well.

Which it doesn't.

The device is recogniezd as EyeTV Hybrid in windows, VID=0FD9 PID=0018.

I'm trying to install the Hauppauge software (4.6b) to use it.

So, I edited on of the .inf's so that my gf's comp now thinks the device is a HVR-980. And am installing as I write this. The hardware search/driver install bounced befor I edited the infs, but now says it got the 980 installed, requiring reboot... -> So, off to reboot.

I will report back to you.

Mandibela

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
Hum. So, no-go still, the software install (Hauppauge) apparently still looks for the vid and hid... Altough the driver is correctly installed, the main program installer tells me "no device attached or driver installed"

Mandibela

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
It seems that the *automated* installer still searches for the device, but the Hauppauge software suite is split up to different installers, which I can install maually one by one, thus getting a similar result as with the original installer (I think).

But maybe this is not working after all. I can search for channels etc. but nothing shows up.

Has anyone thus far found any of this of intrest? Any ideas as to what to do next?

bleimy

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2009
I also bought this new hybrid stick and have had no luck in getting it to work in windows.

Have you had any more luck Mandibela?? Please let me know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.