Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ll PiStoNs ll

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
I plan on getting the macbook after my classes end at 2:00 est tuesday, ill stay updated with ipod touch and wifi, so will I be able to get the approximately 100$ off on my macbook tuesday or does it sometimes take a while for them to figure that out

andrewdale

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2008
Memphis, TN
How do you prove your a student? Do you have to be taking a full 12 units at College or will one class do (GF goes currently)?

You have to provide NO proof if you order online. If you go to a store, they'd probably ask you for your ID. I doubt any more than that.

mrrish

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2008
Agree with Tallest Skil: please don't abuse the educational discount.

@ Apple store: Student ID with photo + Valid DL or state ID (to make sure you don't purchase more than 1 computer a year).

If you buy the computer from your student store you may get 200-400 off your macbook/pro purchase sometimes (i know california public universities do this).

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
I plan on getting the macbook after my classes end at 2:00 est tuesday, ill stay updated with ipod touch and wifi, so will I be able to get the approximately 100$ off on my macbook tuesday or does it sometimes take a while for them to figure that out
Just a heads up, there is a chance that the stores won't have them on the day that they are released, so you might want to double check that the store has them before you go.

AndyBob09

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2008
Glasgow
Does anyone know if the £99 rebate on the ipod nano still applies? Or does this offer only apply to the current MB?

deriko100

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2008
New York
I hope theirs a discount i wanna use it. Apple should have released the laptops before school started they would have gotten alot more people.

yoppie

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
I hope theirs a discount i wanna use it. Apple should have released the laptops before school started they would have gotten alot more people.

Apple did just fine. They do the back-to-school promo every year to clear out stock for the new line.

Allusion

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2008
Call me ignorant, but is it a flat $100 off for notebooks?

If so, and that $800 price point for a model is true, I'm definately in for a $700 macbook asap.

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX

If so, and that $800 price point for a model is true, I'm definately in for a $700 macbook asap.

no. It's scaled based on price. So the $800 mb could easily only have a $50 off deal.

ll PiStoNs ll

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
no. It's scaled based on price. So the $800 mb could easily only have a $50 off deal.

Yeah, back in the day even ipods got the student discount,
the 1gb shuffle was 139 instead of 149, but the 20 gb ipod was 279 instead of 300, so you got a bigger discount off each one.
Then it got abused so they took it away. Thats why people need to stop abusing the system **cough** guy above **cough**

LDB

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2008
Houston area
That's provided the new lowered prices have an education discount available at all. It could be that an $800 Macbook will be as low as they'll go and no further discounts apply. Considering the old educ price was $999 base plus upgrades I'll take $800 flat over the old way.

rushmere

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2006
New Zealand
Does anyone know if the £99 rebate on the ipod nano still applies? Or does this offer only apply to the current MB?

The UK offer is for a £95 rebate against an iPod, and it runs until 31st October.

The terms state that "All Macintosh computers and the Configure-to-Order versions of these products are eligible, except for Mac mini, Apple TV and iPhone".

So long as Apple don't withdraw the offer tomorrow, it should still be OK. Here's hoping they don't change it!

One extra way of saving money - if you buy it from the Apple Store via http://www.quidco.com you get 6% cashback in addition to the student discount and the iPod rebate !

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC

Not really. I mean for MacBooks it has been $100 off; however for Mac Minis (priced at ~$780), the discount is only $50, so if the new MacBook is ~$800, then expect the discount to be lower.

badgerman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
The UK offer is for a £95 rebate against an iPod, and it runs until 31st October.

The terms state that "All Macintosh computers and the Configure-to-Order versions of these products are eligible, except for Mac mini, Apple TV and iPhone".

So long as Apple don't withdraw the offer tomorrow, it should still be OK. Here's hoping they don't change it!

One extra way of saving money - if you buy it from the Apple Store via http://www.quidco.com you get 6% cashback in addition to the student discount and the iPod rebate !

Good work fella for this snippet, lets hope the new MB dont arrive on the 1st Nov...

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
Just a heads up, there is a chance that the stores won't have them on the day that they are released, so you might want to double check that the store has them before you go.

You're local Apple Store will NOT have them when you get out of school.

Munitalp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
which stores will have them?

Nobody knows when they are going to be released -- they will be ANNOUNCED tomorrow but it could be an hour, day, week(s) until they actually come out. If you want to buy it tomorrow your best bet is wait and see the announcement or just plan on ordering it from the Apple online store.

Aranince

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2007
California
Nobody knows when they are going to be released -- they will be ANNOUNCED tomorrow but it could be an hour, day, week(s) until they actually come out. If you want to buy it tomorrow your best bet is wait and see the announcement or just plan on ordering it from the Apple online store.

They were announced today, will be on stores tomorrow(Wednesday)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.