Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Oct 12, 2008, 07:52 PM   #1
Doctor Q
Administrator

About the Apple TV and Home Theater forum

The Apple TV and Home Theater forum covers Apple's Apple TV product and its software and uses, other home theater equipment, media centers, and the broad topic of home theater.

Where there is overlap with other forums (e.g., the Digital Video forum, the Digital Audio forum, and forums dedicated to specific Mac models), it is up to the thread starter to choose the forum most appropriate for a given thread. You can also use the Mac Basics and Help forum when you need help with any kind of problem and can't decide what forum to use.

Threads for posting photos, even for home theater, should be in the Picture Gallery forum, where the focus is on sharing (or showing off) images rather than discussing functionality and problem-solving.
Doctor Q is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2008, 10:38 PM   #2
skydog
macrumors newbie

Great. Lets expand on the whole media server concept. Likes and dislikes with different ways to reach the same end result as the apple tv.
skydog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2009, 01:38 AM   #3
ingridseynhaeve
macrumors newbie

Lightbulb Re: About the Apple TV and Home Theater forum

Hi Doctor Q,

Your post provided the information about Apple TV and Home theater.
I like to know more about it. So, that I can tell to my friends about it.
Can you give the information related to its features, advantages and disadvantages over other TV and Home theater products?
ingridseynhaeve is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2009, 04:42 PM   #4
Doctor Q
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingridseynhaeve View Post
Can you give the information related to its features, advantages and disadvantages over other TV and Home theater products?
No, but this forum is the place for members to discuss such topics. You can look though this forum for threads about the advantages and disadvantages of the Apple TV, or create a new thread to ask specific questions.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 07:28 AM   #5
Bye Bye Baby
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Q View Post
The Apple TV and Home Theater forum covers Apple's Apple TV product and its software and uses, other home theater equipment, media centers, and the broad topic of home theater.

Where there is overlap with other forums (e.g., the Digital Video forum, the Digital Audio forum, and forums dedicated to specific Mac models), it is up to the thread starter to choose the forum most appropriate for a given thread. You can also use the Mac Basics and Help forum when you need help with any kind of problem and can't decide what forum to use.

Threads for posting photos, even for home theater, should be in the Picture Gallery forum, where the focus is on sharing (or showing off) images rather than discussing functionality and problem-solving.
Dude seriously too many rules. You need to simplify this. End user experience not geek dreaming up things to do. This is Macrumors not Windowsrumors.
Bye Bye Baby is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2011, 04:07 PM   #6
Doctor Q
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bye Bye Baby View Post
Dude seriously too many rules. You need to simplify this. End user experience not geek dreaming up things to do. This is Macrumors not Windowsrumors.
Don't worry; those are just guidelines (not rules) for where to post since we have lots of forums and some people want to know where to post.

You are right that simpler is nicer so here's a simpler guideline: post a thread in the forum you'd look in if you wanted to find a similar thread.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 10:42 AM   #7
Bye Bye Baby
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Don't worry; those are just guidelines (not rules) for where to post since we have lots of forums and some people want to know where to post.

You are right that simpler is nicer so here's a simpler guideline: post a thread in the forum you'd look in if you wanted to find a similar thread.
Now you're talking.
Bye Bye Baby is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2012, 03:24 PM   #8
maturola
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to maturola
Have you guys discussed to maybe make a subForum for AppleTv Hack? where we can focus all the Jailbreaking/Haking thread? I think it will be good (just as it is on the iPhone/iPad SubForums.

Just putting out there.
maturola is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2012, 03:58 PM   #9
tido2012

So I recently purchased Hulu plus and tried to AirPlay it from my phone to the Apple Tv but it didn't work. Has anyone figured a way around this, I'm willing to jailbreak the ATV if it fixes it. So far I am using my PS3 and which is working so its not bad, but I was just hoping this would work on the ATV.
tido2012 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:36 AM   #10
adddictedtomac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydog View Post
Great. Lets expand on the whole media server concept. Likes and dislikes with different ways to reach the same end result as the apple tv.
I have been using a Mac mini as a server, with all my music/movies/photos saved in an external 1TB HD. It took some time to collect all that in the drive via iTunes but in the end it was well worth the effort as now I do not have to spend time looking for my movies/music etc., as I can quickly find them on any of my Apple TVs (have 3 in the house). I can also have my music redirected to my Airport Extreme in my Living room!

Love this setup and I recommend it.

Here is a short quick video on how to redirect your music:-

http://youtu.be/npchJsAic_g
adddictedtomac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:55 AM   #11
Jenna7
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobert123 View Post
Well My answear to the Apple TV is Sony Playstation3!!!!!!
well... ive got both ofem ...
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:34 PM   #12
blanka
macrumors 68000

Maybe it is time to make a seperate AppleTV fork of this forum section, as it is one of the most crowded ones.
blanka is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2013, 03:23 PM   #13
ekiro
Banned

Quote:

When can I expect to install a 65-inch iTV in my bathroom with wireless surround sound speakers?
ekiro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2013, 05:53 AM   #14
jeuxdemoto12
macrumors newbie

Has anyone figured a way around this, I'm willing to jailbreak the ATV if it fixes it.....................
jeuxdemoto12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2014, 01:13 AM   #15
Dina1929
macrumors newbie

Apple TV and Home Theater

Apple TV is basically a tiny media streaming device from Apple and can be connected with home theaters.. when ATV is connected to TV via High definition multimedia interface (HDMI) for video. with audio from TV's Digital Audio Output to the Digital Audio in the Home Theater's amplifier.
Dina1929 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2014, 01:23 AM   #16
Darby67
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina1929 View Post
Apple TV is basically a tiny media streaming device from Apple and can be connected with home theaters.. when ATV is connected to TV via High definition multimedia interface (HDMI) for video. with audio from TV's Digital Audio Output to the Digital Audio in the Home Theater's amplifier.
Brilliant answer to question that wasn't asked anywhere in this thread.
Darby67 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2014, 01:48 PM   #17
maturola
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to maturola
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darby67 View Post
Brilliant answer to question that wasn't asked anywhere in this thread.
Funny how often that actually happen
maturola is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater